Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beilein addresses FT struggles.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Beilein addresses FT struggles. Empty
PostSubject: Beilein addresses FT struggles.   Beilein addresses FT struggles. EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 4:05 am

https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Bolt/WATCH-Michigan-head-coach-John-Beilein-addresses-free-throw-woes-in-postgame-presser-114620158?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=180203_193226_Michigan%20Wolverines&utm_content=Image&liveconnect=AE-2C-B5-60-E6-B8-DB-92-BA-57-69-39-11-34-90-CE180203_193226MichiganWolverines

A hypnotist! I love it, I'm not criticizing him but that is funny.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Beilein addresses FT struggles.   Beilein addresses FT struggles. EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 4:00 pm

Hypnotists have been used before with mixed results. I think it depends upon whether a guy makes them routinely in practice with no pressure such that his form is fine, but he is unable to relax in a game similar to one who drives it straight on the range but not out on the course. First you work on mechanics, then the ability to relax.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Beilein addresses FT struggles.   Beilein addresses FT struggles. EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 7:31 am

It was crazy on Saturday, because even MAAR was bitten by the missed FT bug at times.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Beilein addresses FT struggles.   Beilein addresses FT struggles. EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 4:26 pm

Mind you, this is only what I once read (back when I cared about the sport I played at U-M):  Hall-of-Fame hitting machine ROD CAREW regularly consulted a hypnotist.  How much that had to do with a .328 lifetime average or seven(7) batting titles is debatable, but it obviously didn't HURT his prowess.

I've never played organized basketball, but I have to agree with coach B: FT shooting success/failure is at least 50% mental, for the AVERAGE player.

As an addendum to your, point, 'Shoes, I also played (sandlot, not college) tennis for decades, and knew many, many people (myself included) who hit groundstrokes very well----DURING WARMUP. Once the match started, the net was a MAGNET for their shots.

Do you think it could be (as with bad FT shooting) a type of "mental block" that in a GAME (or match), misses/mistakes COUNT FOR SOMETHING, and something bad, whereas in practice/warmup/driving range, you think what the hell,  just hit or shoot the next ball?
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Beilein addresses FT struggles.   Beilein addresses FT struggles. EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 6:33 pm

michmike wrote:
Mind you, this is only what I once read (back when I cared about the sport I played at U-M):  Hall-of-Fame hitting machine ROD CAREW regularly consulted a hypnotist.  How much that had to do with a .328 lifetime average or seven(7) batting titles is debatable, but it obviously didn't HURT his prowess.

I've never played organized basketball, but I have to agree with coach B: FT shooting success/failure is at least 50% mental, for the AVERAGE player.

As an addendum to your, point, 'Shoes, I also played (sandlot, not college) tennis for decades, and knew many, many people (myself included) who hit groundstrokes very well----DURING WARMUP. Once the match started, the net was a MAGNET for their shots.

Do you think it could be (as with bad FT shooting) a type of "mental block" that in a GAME (or match), misses/mistakes COUNT FOR SOMETHING, and something bad, whereas in practice/warmup/driving range, you think what the hell,  just hit or shoot the next ball?

Everything is mental. I'll leave it at that.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Beilein addresses FT struggles.   Beilein addresses FT struggles. EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 8:54 pm

90% of the game is 1/2 mental

Yogi Berra

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Beilein addresses FT struggles.   Beilein addresses FT struggles. EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 am

joe wrote:
90% of the game is 1/2 mental

Yogi Berra

+100
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beilein addresses FT struggles.   Beilein addresses FT struggles. Empty

Back to top Go down

Beilein addresses FT struggles.
Page 1 of 1