Members, please sign in.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Rumors popping up

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Rumors popping up   Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:06 pm

McElwain is the new OC and WR coach.

Drevno goes to the Associate head coach and demoted to OL coach.

Hamilton will be strictly QB coach.

I know nothing about McElwain other than he was HC at Florida. I hope he is an upgrade over Drevno.

I wish they'd replace Pep for QB coach.

Bill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: Rumors popping up   Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:25 pm

https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Article/Sources-have-informed-TMI-that-Jim-Harbaugh-set-to-add-his-10th-assistant-115102203?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=180214_200757_Michigan%20Wolverines&utm_content=Image&liveconnect=AE-2C-B5-60-E6-B8-DB-92-BA-57-69-39-11-34-90-CE180214_200757MichiganWolverines

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Rumors popping up   Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:47 am

https://gbmwolverine.com/2018/02/13/michigan-football-how-jim-mcelwain-could-help-the-wolverines/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Rumors popping up   Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:32 pm

Can't say I'm thrilled if this hire goes through.  McElwain has been mediocre at best.

Maybe he'll be a better WRs coach as opposed to an OC.

This guy, who apparently grades coaches using a formula that factors talent and production, isn't endorsing of McElwain: https://www.landof10.com/michigan/michigan-football-jim-harbaugh-jim-mcelwain-florida-staff-2018

Notice Drevno's grade from last year: a solid F! No surprise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: Rumors popping up   Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Isn't he better than Drevno? It's am improvement. It may not be perfect but it is an improvement.

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Rumors popping up   Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:49 pm

Bo 2.0 wrote:
Isn't he better than Drevno?  It's am improvement.  It may not be perfect but it is an improvement.

Not sure that he is. He had Alabama at 68 in total offense, with all those 5 stars? Not to mention UF's offense has been terrible under McElwain.

I will say this looks like a professional move instead of Harbaugh hiring another "friend." So I appreciate Harbaugh for ridding any hard feelings, and looking at potential value. Never hire a friend...may as well throw the meritocracy out the window.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Rumors popping up   Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:43 am

I think it is an interesting choice but one which seems illogical. Florida was known for a strong defense and a poor offense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Rumors popping up   Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:36 pm

wshoes wrote:
I think it is an interesting choice but one which seems illogical. Florida was known for a strong defense and a poor offense.

Hmmmm, good point.

Well, I can't say that I'm excited about this hire, especially for OC.  I was hoping for a 'Don Brown' kind of hire for the offense. This doesn't appear that kind of hire, IMO. Although, he may be better than Drevno.

At this point, do we know what position he's hired for? I've seen one article say OC and another say WR coach? I find it hard to believe he'd accept anything less than co-ordinator position considering he was an HC.

Bill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Rumors popping up   Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:53 pm

Before his time as the UF HC, he was known as a up and coming OC.  Then he went to CSU and was really good.  When he was hired by UF, it was lauded as a can't miss hire.  Things didn't work out.  I still think he has the potential to improve the offense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Rumors popping up   Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:33 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
wshoes wrote:

Hmmmm, good point.

Well, I can't say that I'm excited about this hire, especially for OC.  I was hoping for a 'Don Brown' kind of hire for the offense. This doesn't appear that kind of hire, IMO. Although, he may be better than Drevno.

At this point, do we know what position he's hired for? I've seen one article say OC and another say WR coach? I find it hard to believe he'd accept anything less than co-ordinator position considering he was an HC.

Bill

Can't be worse than Drevno!!!!! Maybe equally as bad, but not worse!!!!!!!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumors popping up   

Back to top Go down

Rumors popping up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: