Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rumor: Drevno to resign

Go down 
+3
Wolverdog
MGOBLUEBC
fishgoblue22
7 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Rumor:  Drevno to resign Empty
PostSubject: Rumor: Drevno to resign   Rumor:  Drevno to resign EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 12:20 pm

https://twitter.com/BrandonBJustice/status/967064069713924097
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Drevno to resign   Rumor:  Drevno to resign EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 1:33 pm

Michael Spath saying the same thing and that Warinner out with him, also. Huh?
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Drevno to resign   Rumor:  Drevno to resign EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 1:41 pm

Thank goodness!

http://s.mlive.com/al8pPgL

This says Warriner to be OL coach.

Last edited by Wolverdog on Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Drevno to resign   Rumor:  Drevno to resign EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 1:42 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
This says Warinner is the new OL coach.

https://www.landof10.com/michigan/ed-warinner-michigan-football-offensive-line-coach-tim-drevno
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Drevno to resign   Rumor:  Drevno to resign EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 2:16 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:

https://www.landof10.com/michigan/ed-warinner-michigan-football-offensive-line-coach-tim-drevno

OK, good.

So, wonder who the OC will be? I'm guessing it will be McElwain.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Drevno to resign   Rumor:  Drevno to resign EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 2:26 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:

OK, good.

So, wonder who the OC will be? I'm guessing it will be McElwain.
My guess would be McElwain OC/WR, Warinner OL and Pep QB/Passing Game Coord
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Drevno to resign   Rumor:  Drevno to resign EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 3:37 pm

My best guess would be that Drevno was SHOWN the door, though devotees of political rectitude within (and without) Schembechler Hall will allow it to appear as if he opened and exited it of his own accord.

It's obvious to everyone our offense was going backwards, and needed new direction--and fresh blood on the staff (as coach JH said, "...to get it up to our defense.")

Whether Drevno being made the fall guy is justified or not, I certainly can't say; only program insiders can. But considering he was OC and OL coach, and that both the offense as a whole (-> OC) and especially the OL (-> OL coach) were regressing, I have to go along with most of you and welcome this change.

To a man, though, I also hope to hell JH does away with "co-" (or "tri-") OCs.  It's a job for one man and one man only (IMO).  That way, JH will have the final say based on ONE recommendation, not two or three, on any given play.  Having multiple OCs could be as counterproductive as not settling on ONE starting QB; one OC wants to pass (Pep), another (Drevno) wants to run, yet another wants to double-reverse, etc., etc., a.i., a.n.
Back to top Go down
flabluefan1

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Drevno to resign   Rumor:  Drevno to resign EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 5:40 pm

Totally agree Mike.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Drevno to resign   Rumor:  Drevno to resign EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 9:23 pm

michmike wrote:
My best guess would be that Drevno was SHOWN the door, though devotees of political rectitude within (and without) Schembechler Hall will allow it to appear as if he opened and exited it of his own accord.

It's obvious to everyone our offense was going backwards, and needed new direction--and fresh blood on the staff (as coach JH said, "...to get it up to our defense.")

Whether Drevno being made the fall guy is justified or not, I certainly can't say; only program insiders can. But considering he was OC and OL coach, and that both the offense as a whole (-> OC) and especially the OL (-> OL coach) were regressing, I have to go along with most of you and welcome this change.

To a man, though, I also hope to hell JH does away with "co-" (or "tri-") OCs.  It's a job for one man and one man only (IMO).  That way, JH will have the final say based on ONE recommendation, not two or three, on any given play.  Having multiple OCs could be as counterproductive as not settling on ONE starting QB; one OC wants to pass (Pep), another (Drevno) wants to run, yet another wants to double-reverse, etc., etc., a.i., a.n.

Amen!!!! Smile

Go Blue!!! Smile

dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Drevno to resign   Rumor:  Drevno to resign EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 11:28 pm

Too many cooks! One OC.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Drevno to resign   Rumor:  Drevno to resign EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 8:46 am

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
michmike wrote:

BEAUTIFUL avatar shot, there, GBJ!!!  Where did you come across it?

And how apropos for this thread (Drevno->out): DAWNING of a new era for our O  (let's hope!!!)

Amen!!!!   Smile

Go Blue!!!    Smile  
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Drevno to resign   Rumor:  Drevno to resign EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 9:51 am

michmike wrote:
GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
michmike wrote:

BEAUTIFUL avatar shot, there, GBJ!!!  Where did you come across it?

And how apropos for this thread (Drevno->out): DAWNING of a new era for our O  (let's hope!!!)

Amen!!!!   Smile

Go Blue!!!    Smile  

Mike----it was on my Facebook. Not sure where it came from. I'll try to find it and let you know.
Never thought about how appropriate that shot is, but you are soooo correct, and I HOPE it real is a sign of the new era in AA!!!!!

Thanks,

Go Blue!!! Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Drevno to resign   Rumor:  Drevno to resign Empty

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Drevno to resign
Page 1 of 1