Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big Tourney

Go down 
+3
joe
dwoody
flabluefan1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
flabluefan1

Big Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Big Tourney   Big Tourney EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 11:45 pm

In the end the loss to Neb doesn't appear to make much difference. UM should beat either Ill. or Iowa, and then they play Neb. Had UM finished 4th Neb would be playing Ill or Iowa and then playing UM. Either way we have to beat Neb to advance and do some damage in the tourney. Then we play MSU again which will be a real toughie. Then if we get past MSU its OSU or Purdue. Brutal. That said the way UM has been playing I like their chances against anyone. The key is Mo of course who is playing foul free D and hitting the boards, plus forcing the opponents to keep him out of the middle. Of course that is freeing up Ali and Z et al to drive to the hoop, plus Mathews is starting to come back IMO. If this team maintains its intensity and focus it can go very very far.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Big Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Tourney   Big Tourney EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 11:57 pm

3-point shooting on the upswing makes this team deadly. Robinson is key. I get excited whenever Poole gets in the game.
Beilein's been fantastic developing them.
Does anyone think Mo might stay?
Back to top Go down
flabluefan1

Big Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Tourney   Big Tourney EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 12:10 am

Lots of ifs re whether Mo stays or not. I'm sure he'll have the pro scouts analyze him again and that will of course be a big factor. He seems to like going to school and his family situation from what I hear is not such that they need him to start supporting them right away.

IMO a lots will depend on how UM does in the tourney. If UM were to shock the world and win the NC I think Mo would be gone. But what if they lose in double OT in the final 8 or lose by a point in the final 4? I remember Dekker and Kaminsky staying another year at Wisc just so that they could make another run at the NC. Mo might do that given all that UM has coming back next year.

Right now though that's pretty far down the list. We need UM to make a solid run if not win the BIG tourney again and then have a great run in the NCAAs.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Big Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Tourney   Big Tourney EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 12:50 am

I believe he's gone. But I've been wrong before. Shocked

fishgoblue22

Big Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Tourney   Big Tourney EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 7:59 am

flabluefan1 wrote:
Lots of ifs re whether Mo stays or not.  I'm sure he'll have the pro scouts analyze him again and that will of course be a big factor.  He seems to like going to school and his family situation from what I hear is not such that they need him to start supporting them right away.  

IMO a lots will depend on how UM does in the tourney.  If UM were to shock the world and win the NC I think Mo would be gone.  But what if they lose in double OT in the final 8 or lose by a point in the final 4?  I remember Dekker and Kaminsky staying another year at Wisc just so that they could make another run at the NC.  Mo might do that given all that UM has coming back next year.

Right now though that's pretty far down the list.  We need UM to make a solid run if not win the BIG tourney  again and then have a great run in the NCAAs.  
Wagner is gone.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Big Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Tourney   Big Tourney EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 8:06 am

He loves the college game and scene, and he's been pretty good, but not great (2nd team all-B1G), so I'm guardedly optimistic that we can keep him here.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Big Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Tourney   Big Tourney EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 9:40 am

dwoody wrote:
He loves the college game and scene, and he's been pretty good, but not great (2nd team all-B1G), so I'm guardedly optimistic that we can keep him here.
If I were a betting man, I'd take that bet every day and twice on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Big Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Tourney   Big Tourney EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 12:57 pm

I think the team having already played has the advantage in their next game but not after that. So the winner of Illinois/ Iowa has a slight advantage against us (no rust, used to rims and shooting background) but if we win then we have a slight advantage against Neb for the same reasons. Last year notwithstanding though, by the time we play our 3rd game in 3 days, if we get there, I think that is a disadvantage against MSU.

All of this is contingent on not suffering any injuries.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Big Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Tourney   Big Tourney EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 1:42 pm

wshoes wrote:
I think the team having already played has the advantage in their next game but not after that. So the winner of Illinois/ Iowa has a slight advantage against us (no rust, used to rims and shooting background) but if we win then we have a slight advantage against Neb for the same reasons. Last year notwithstanding though, by the time we play our 3rd game in 3 days, if we get there, I think that is a disadvantage against MSU.

I agree.  I'm hoping that Maryland or Wisc can pull the upset vs MSU.  Not that I'm worried about UM facing them, but I just think it would be funny to watch them get an early exit.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Big Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Tourney   Big Tourney EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 2:52 pm

As to the Wagner question, I too think this year is it for him. There is a bias in the NBA against guys who stay 4 years. Mo has a very viable European option as well as the D-League if he goes in the 2nd round and doesn't make a team. He is perhaps my favorite player so I hope I'm wrong.

FWIW JB has recruited as though this is Mo's last year and if he does come back, we are one over on scholarships, pending any transfers or telling someone to go to prep school for a year.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Big Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Tourney   Big Tourney EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 6:50 pm

wshoes wrote:

I feel like I was sorta right about the above- I hope I was not right about the disadvantage against MSU.
Back to top Go down
flabluefan1

Big Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Tourney   Big Tourney EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 7:16 pm

Even though we won handily I was never comfortable the entire game because that guy Parker? from Neb was unstoppable. I felt we needed to score every time we came down the floor to keep pace with that guy. In the end of course that wasn't the case at all and UM played excellent D even against him.

Its going to be really tough to beat MSU again. You think maybe Izzo will have them fired up for the game? Plus I think we'll see a lot of hacking and fouling by MSU to try to take UM out of its game. If UM gets rattled it could be a long afternoon.

Then again if we shoot 50% from three range I'm not sure anyone can beat us. I guess we'll see.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Big Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Tourney   Big Tourney EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 7:53 pm

flabluefan1 wrote:
Even though we won handily I was never comfortable the entire game because that guy Parker? from Neb was unstoppable.  I felt we needed to score every time we came down the floor to keep pace with that guy.  In the end of course that wasn't the case at all and UM played excellent D even against him.

Its going to be really tough to beat MSU again.  You think maybe Izzo will have them fired up for the game?  Plus I think we'll see a lot of hacking and fouling by MSU to try to take UM out of its game.  If UM gets rattled it could be a long afternoon.  

Then again if we shoot 50% from three range I'm not sure anyone can beat us.  I guess we'll see.  

It was Palmer for Nebraska, and he scored 16 points so he wasn't that unstoppable. UM controlled that game from about the 7 minute mark of the first half. Even when Nebraska pulled within 7, it never felt like they were on a serious run or threat to win.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

Big Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Tourney   Big Tourney EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 12:47 am

On the question of Mo he gone! I personally doubt he is ready but I think Michigan thinks he is gone also hence the 4 recruits coming in. The tourney now is going to get crazy MSU is as deep as Michigan maybe deeper. You know they are going to pound us down low and make some amazing plays! We will need to own the perimeter If Winston get the call like he did against Wisky he will be tough to defend, you know IZZO will have the refs ear. Win or lose Michigan is in the NCAA. personally I hate this game

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Big Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Tourney   Big Tourney EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 3:41 am

the artist formally known wrote:
I hate this game

I've never agreed so much with artist as after this comment. Problem is I don't think that he really means it.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Big Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Tourney   Big Tourney Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Tourney
Page 1 of 1