Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

After Michigan wins today

Go down 
+3
fishgoblue22
wshoes
dwoody
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

After Michigan wins today Empty
PostSubject: After Michigan wins today   After Michigan wins today EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 9:31 am

Where will we be rated? I would think 8 or so, maybe a three or four seed. It'd be great to play in Detroit!
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: After Michigan wins today   After Michigan wins today EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 9:46 am

We would have to win today I think and then it's not guaranteed. I think we should be a 4 seed even with a loss but think a 5 more likely. Last year we won the BTT and were only a 7 seed.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: After Michigan wins today   After Michigan wins today EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 9:58 am

This team has more tier one (or whatever they call them) wins than last year, doesn't it? Plus a great run to close.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: After Michigan wins today   After Michigan wins today EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 4:24 pm

With UNC and Wichita State losing, they may jump to 10 or 11, but not sure they will get a 4 seed.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: After Michigan wins today   After Michigan wins today EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 9:51 pm

Think we deserve a 3- hope we at least get a 4.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: After Michigan wins today   After Michigan wins today EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 10:16 pm

28-7, 9 wins in a row (3 wins over a #2 and #8 ranked teams), BT champs, plus 2 wins over Sparty-
a Vegas tourney favorite......I'd hope we get at least a 4 seed if not a 3 seed. We dam well deserve it. Go Blue!

Last edited by MGOBLUEBC on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: After Michigan wins today   After Michigan wins today EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 10:44 pm

wshoes wrote:
Think we deserve a 3- hope we at least get a 4.

this ^^^^

I think M gets a 3 seed

PostSubject: Re: After Michigan wins today   After Michigan wins today EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 8:13 am

We deserve NO LESS than a 3 seed. One look at the stat line MGOBLUEBC posted above can tell that.

Of course, if DUKE had our record and our schedule, they'd be a No.1 seed. The media's (and selection committee's) way of kissing Khrushchev-ski's ass. Happens every year.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: After Michigan wins today   After Michigan wins today EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 9:02 am

Here's an interesting little stat: Sparty is 1-4 against top 25 teams this year. They beat UNC who is 22-9 and just lost in their tourney.

Deserving of #2??? Pffffft.

As far as I'm concerned, they shouldn't be a higher seed than us.

Bill

Edit: Sorry, that last loss was not in the tourney. My bad.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: After Michigan wins today   After Michigan wins today EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 9:56 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Here's an interesting little stat: Sparty is 1-4 against top 25 teams this year. They beat UNC who is 22-9 and just lost in their tourney.

Bill

Sparty has 2 wins against top 25.  They beat UNC and Purdue.  Lost to Duke, Ohio State and twice to UM.  2-4.

UM is 4-4 I believe.  Wins sparty 2, OSU 1 Purdue 1.  Losses Purdue 2, OSU 1, UNC 1.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: After Michigan wins today   After Michigan wins today EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 10:14 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:

Bill

Sparty has 2 wins against top 25.  They beat UNC and Purdue.  Lost to Duke, Ohio State and twice to UM.  2-4.

UM is 4-4 I believe.  Wins sparty 2, OSU 1 Purdue 1.  Losses Purdue 2, OSU 1, UNC 1.

Good catch, fish. My bad again, how did I miss that Purdue loss?

It's called old eyes! Shit like that happens when your 69. lol

Bill
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: After Michigan wins today   After Michigan wins today EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:36 pm

Joe Lunardi updated his Bracketology:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Michigan #3 seed playing in the East at Wichita.

Purdue #2 seed playing in the Midwest at DETROIT.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: After Michigan wins today   After Michigan wins today EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 6:19 pm

My revised thought (ignoring my rant about us and msu) is that I don't care where we play, who we play or where we are seeded.

Put a team in front of us and we'll beat them. (Yes us, we, our. You realize we are all members of the Michigan Basketball team at this point?)

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: After Michigan wins today   After Michigan wins today EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 7:34 pm

Just don't send the out west and play some 10pm game
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: After Michigan wins today   After Michigan wins today EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 8:24 am

I know Joe is speculating and this all could change but, I think it's BS that Purdue could play close to home and not the BT champs or the BT Tourney champs. WTF has Purdue won..........NOTHING. They should be sent out west. I know it's not a big deal except I'm sure a lot of our fans would like to go who might not make a trip out west.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After Michigan wins today   After Michigan wins today Empty

Back to top Go down

After Michigan wins today
Page 1 of 1