Members, please sign in.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Kudos to coach Jimbo...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
michmike

PostSubject: Kudos to coach Jimbo...    Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:33 pm

Not that Patterson's choice was any real surprise to any of us, but I never did like the idea of no named starter until the first snap of the first game. Obviously the team would have been informed beforehand, but how long beforehand?

This way, the "ones", from the receivers to the backs to (most importantly) the O-Line will be able to concentrate on Shea's fortes and areas for improvement (I somehow couldn't bring myself around to using the word "weaknesses"). And how best to work within his realms, as a unit.

His pocket presence, elusiveness and above all, 10 games started at the D-I level no doubt factored into the coaches' decision, and all three factors are music to these ears, anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Kudos to coach Jimbo...    Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:09 pm

Absolutely. I have almost never bought into the "don't tip your hand to the opponent because they will be able to prepare better" school of thought. Make the decision and get the team focused and ready.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kudos to coach Jimbo...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: