Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Well, well, what a surprise

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

Well, well, what a surprise Empty
PostSubject: Well, well, what a surprise   Well, well, what a surprise EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 9:55 am

Quoting an ESPN column:

"Meyer said Wednesday that his allegiance to former mentor and Buckeyes coach Earle Bruce, Zach Smith's grandfather, clouded his judgment and caused him to miss red flags about the former assistant's behavior.

"I followed my heart and not my head," Meyer said in a news conference. "... I gave Zach Smith the benefit of the doubt."

Following his "head not his heart".  Haven't heard that one from an OSU enthusiast (at any level/in any capacity) in about, oh, 16 milliseconds.

Not that inverting the two would make any difference in their collective cases...
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Well, well, what a surprise   Well, well, what a surprise EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 10:42 am

And this year's award for worst performance at a press conference goes to .... Urban Meyer. The whole thing looks even worse when you read the full report. That woman at the start didn't do a very good job of summarizing it.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Well, well, what a surprise   Well, well, what a surprise EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 9:33 pm

Funny thing is that he followed his heart...attack to ohio state. That one was for you mike.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Well, well, what a surprise   Well, well, what a surprise EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 10:25 pm

Chicago Sports radio hammered the fuck out of Urbs and o$u today.

It was great!

PostSubject: Re: Well, well, what a surprise   Well, well, what a surprise EmptyFri Aug 24, 2018 8:30 am

Bo 2.0 wrote:
Funny thing is that he followed his heart...attack to ohio state.  That one was for you mike.

Three notes-descending trumpet for that one, Bo...

(Waah...waaaah...waaaaaaaaaah....)
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Well, well, what a surprise   Well, well, what a surprise EmptyFri Aug 24, 2018 9:10 am

joe wrote:
Chicago Sports radio hammered the fuck out of Urbs and o$u today.

It was great!

Will Cain ripped him to shreds and so did "Pete" Finebaum.  I'm still not a fan of Finebaum's but he is right on this.  Says that he has been telling people for years that Meyer is a fraud and has no integrity and that Tebow being such a good person covered for all the other issues at Fla under Meyer.

Last edited by fishgoblue22 on Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Well, well, what a surprise   Well, well, what a surprise EmptyFri Aug 24, 2018 11:48 am

Fish, the statements you attribute to Finebaum are very interesting.  As you said, none of us place much credence in most of that SEC-mouthpiece's utterances, but we'll take his word on this one.

Given Tebow's squeaky-clean, lily-white, benevolent Mr. Perfect image, I almost have to wonder how much HE knew of the rotten goings-on at U-Fla. during his and Meyer's concurrent years there...and how much of it he (T.T.) passed along to "authorities"...
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Well, well, what a surprise   Well, well, what a surprise EmptyFri Aug 24, 2018 12:51 pm

michmike wrote:
Fish, the statements you attribute to Finebaum are very interesting.  As you said, none of us place much credence in most of that SEC-mouthpiece's utterances, but we'll take his word on this one.

Given Tebow's squeaky-clean, lily-white, benevolent Mr. Perfect image, I almost have to wonder how much HE knew of the rotten goings-on at U-Fla. during his and Meyer's concurrent years there...and how much of it he (T.T.) passed along to "authorities"...

I will say that I'm a big fan of Tebow. I hope he has a successful baseball career, even though I don't think it will include the MLB. I hope he was ignorant to the goings on that were happening at UF. I tend to believe that he was a bit of a loaner from the team, since he was so different than the rest of the players.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Well, well, what a surprise   Well, well, what a surprise EmptyFri Aug 24, 2018 2:45 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
michmike wrote:

I will say that I'm a big fan of Tebow.  I hope he has a successful baseball career, even though I don't think it will include the MLB.  I hope he was ignorant to the goings on that were happening at UF.  I tend to believe that he was a bit of a loaner from the team, since he was so different than the rest of the players.

Man, I don't know about that (I assume you meant "loner", or sort of recluse, from the team, not "on loan" from the BB team...eh?).

He would have had to REALLY be aloof from the rest to be ignorant of the "under the table" shenanigans with which Meyer's U-F program (like his OSU or Utah programs) were/are so replete.

And frankly, how "cut out" from the rest of them---the offensive players, anyhow--can the QUARTERBACK afford to be?

Regardless, I can't argue your point that Tebow is a good human being.  His unselfish actions to help the disadvantaged speak to that.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Well, well, what a surprise   Well, well, what a surprise EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 2:18 am

Jim Rome of course got in on the act....

http://www.jimrome.com/articles/urban-meyer-s-disgrace

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Well, well, what a surprise   Well, well, what a surprise EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 8:47 am

Bo 2.0 wrote:
Jim Rome of course got in on the act....

http://www.jimrome.com/articles/urban-meyer-s-disgrace

And as he loves to say of himself, J.R. was 'brutally honest'.  I mean, he WAS honest in his description of Meyer:

"Big winner on the field, colossal loser in life. A complete and utter failure as a human being."

Then again, as all of us who live on the SUNNY side of a rock knew would happen all along, he did not get fired. As a horde of
other columnists have rightly pointed out, the only thing that would bring THAT about, this being OSU, is losing
a lot of games. (Or, perhaps, going 10-2 or 11-1, winning a bowl, but losing to Michigan...right, John Cooper?????)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, well, what a surprise   Well, well, what a surprise Empty

Back to top Go down

Well, well, what a surprise
Page 1 of 1