Members, please sign in.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Tarik Black (again☹️)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dwoody

PostSubject: Tarik Black (again☹️)   Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:27 pm

247 reports broken right foot, probably. Shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Tarik Black (again☹️)   Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:15 pm

Real shame. Snakebit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: Tarik Black (again☹️)   Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:05 am

That does put a kink in our potential offensive output, but maybe not? We're not sure what kind of chemistry Shea and Black had with each other. Regardless if it was good, bad, or average it isn't like it will disrupt Shea as he hasn't established game cliques with anyone yet. However Black had good hands (at least for those 3 games he played last year). Hopefully our other WR's can step-up AND NOT GET HURT. This being DPJ's 2nd year hopefully he can show us why he was a 5-star recruit, the nerves "should" be gone now. Although with him now knowing that he is once again the stud (by default) maybe that's too much pressure for him? We shall see. If what is being said about the oline improvement is true Blacks injury won't impact the team that much. If a run game develops the passing game opens up. Of course as long as our guys can catch the damn ball.

Looking over the roster Nico Collins looks like a possible name to watch for to assume the #2 role since DPJ will be #1 now. Ronnie Bell won't be a threat but he could be noticed in the pre-league games. He's only a Freshman, 6'0", and was only ranked a 3-star. He could surprise though as he had a good High School career. A long-shot might be Nate Schoenle, I really don't know much about him and have only watched him play a very minor amount but he seems like a bright-kid. This is his 3rd-year at Michigan so maybe he can step-up. I wouldn't count on it though. I'm kind of hoping for a Gallon-esque performance from Perry this year but we'll see what McElwain can do in a few months.

I am expecting heavy TE targets this year though. I'm expecting a huge year from Gentry this year, and significant contributions from both Eubanks and McKeon. Muhammad has a chance as well this year. I was expecting a large season from Gentry even before the Black injury but more so now.

All in all we better beat sparty this year. I also believe taking down DVU (Domestic Violence University) is important and we have a shot as long as things work out for us.

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Tarik Black (again☹️)   Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:37 am

Bo 2.0 wrote:
...We're not sure what kind of chemistry Shea and Black had with each other.  Regardless if it was good, bad, or average it isn't like it will disrupt Shea as he hasn't established game cliques with anyone yet....

That is a very insightful analysis, Bo.  CHEMISTRY...something no good team, much less any great team, in ANY team sport, can excel (if survive) without. And having only seen Tarik since spring, when Patterson already had plenty else on his mind, one wonders how far along the "learning curve" between them (or as you say between SP and any receiver) had gone. We won't know till Saturday.

Regardless, I can't help but feel deep hurt for Tarik. Second god-damned time in as many years!!!  And he was (to judge by his quotes) so anxious to get it on with the team---"Can't wait, man!"  Sadly, he'll have a LONG wait now.

Here's wishing him a speedy [and complete] recovery. He COULD be back by November, I suppose, but it isn't likely. Maybe he won't even be available for our post-season, whatever/however many games that entails...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Tarik Black (again☹️)   Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:37 pm

you can have all the talent in the world but if you can't stay healthy it don't matter. This is why it kinda gets to me when young guys leave the team because they think they will nit play. Thing can change in football in the blink of an eye. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tarik Black (again☹️)   

Back to top Go down

Tarik Black (again☹️)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-