Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A few comments on the "Injury Report"...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

A few comments on the "Injury Report"... Empty
PostSubject: A few comments on the "Injury Report"...   A few comments on the "Injury Report"... EmptyWed Sep 19, 2018 7:54 am

...for Saturday's game.

I just now happened upon a column (in fact, the Freep, I think) where Aubrey Solomon was mentioned as "Day to Day".
Jeez, didn't he just undergo some form/degree of knee surgery???  And at most 3 weeks ago??  I'm obviously missing
or misreading (or misunderstanding) something here...

Not that it won't be totally GREAT when his 5* talent (proven to a decent extent as a freshman last year) is returned to our
already-deep DT pool.

Also, good to see both Karan and Chris are "practicing".  Better than being done for, for several weeks...
But even better to see the VERTICAL prowess Shea, Donovon, Zach, Grant and others showed vs. SMU.
A passing game that's a legitimate threat at any time will ease the way of ANY runner's ground game.

Lastly, the case of NU QB Adrian Martinez, still listed as "questionable" for the game. If his knee is AT ALL troublesome
come game time, chop at least 20% off his effectiveness meter.
But what also intrigues me is the way many fans are a bit concerned about his run-and-pass abilities troubling us, comparing
him to ND's Brandon Wimbush.

Of course, I can't say if he'll play, and if he does, certainly can't say whether or not he'll trouble our D unduly.
But I CAN and WILL say this, regarding the parallels drawn between him and B.W.:  There is a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE
between a 5th-year senior playing AT HOME, and a true freshman making his first trip to the BIG HOUSE.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: A few comments on the "Injury Report"...   A few comments on the "Injury Report"... EmptyWed Sep 19, 2018 4:47 pm

michmike wrote:
...for Saturday's game.

I just now happened upon a column (in fact, the Freep, I think) where Aubrey Solomon was mentioned as "Day to Day".
Jeez, didn't he just undergo some form/degree of knee surgery???  And at most 3 weeks ago??  I'm obviously missing

Not that it won't be totally GREAT when his 5* talent (proven to a decent extent as a freshman last year) is returned to our
already-deep DT pool.

Also, good to see both Karan and Chris are "practicing".  Better than being done for, for several weeks...
But even better to see the VERTICAL prowess Shea, Donovon, Zach, Grant and others showed vs. SMU.
A passing game that's a legitimate threat at any time will ease the way of ANY runner's ground game.

Lastly, the case of NU QB Adrian Martinez, still listed as "questionable" for the game. If his knee is AT ALL troublesome
But what also intrigues me is the way many fans are a bit concerned about his run-and-pass abilities troubling us, comparing

Of course, I can't say if he'll play, and if he does, certainly can't say whether or not he'll trouble our D unduly.
But I CAN and WILL say this, regarding the parallels drawn between him and B.W.:  There is a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE
between a 5th-year senior playing AT HOME, and a true freshman making his first trip to the BIG HOUSE.

all good points

PostSubject: Re: A few comments on the "Injury Report"...   A few comments on the "Injury Report"... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 7:53 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
michmike wrote:
...for Saturday's game.

already-deep DT pool.

all good points

Thanks, Sandy.  But I must ask one simple question, the answer to which will determine my agreement (or not) with your
signature aphorism:

WHAT, exactly, HAVE WE COME FOR???????
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: A few comments on the "Injury Report"...   A few comments on the "Injury Report"... EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 2:17 pm

michmike wrote:

Thanks, Sandy.  But I must ask one simple question, the answer to which will determine my agreement (or not) with your
signature aphorism:

WHAT, exactly, HAVE WE COME FOR???????

I suppose it's relative at this juncture of Michigan football. Ask me in 2003 and my answer would be different than it was not so long ago.

PostSubject: Re: A few comments on the "Injury Report"...   A few comments on the "Injury Report"... Empty

Back to top Go down

A few comments on the "Injury Report"...
Page 1 of 1