Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gareon Conley is BLUE!!

Go down 
+7
WillieMfan
CharlotteGuy
sandyeggo_blue
michmike
MichiganFootball13
joe
1umgoblue85
11 posters
AuthorMessage
1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

Gareon Conley is BLUE!! Empty
PostSubject: Gareon Conley is BLUE!!   Gareon Conley is BLUE!! EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:04 pm

Gareon Conley@xx_WellDone_3

• RetweetedRetweet
  • Delete
  • FavoritedFavorite
  • · Close Open Details

Verbally committing tomorrow

joe

PostSubject: Re: Gareon Conley is BLUE!!   Gareon Conley is BLUE!! EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:11 pm

Nice.

Another 4 star. Ho-hum. lol

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Gareon Conley is BLUE!!   Gareon Conley is BLUE!! EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:15 pm

How come a 4 star has such a small offer list???
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Gareon Conley is BLUE!!   Gareon Conley is BLUE!! EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 12:12 am

He's really coming on quickly.

2 weeks ago he was a 3 star. Just got his 4th star.

I believe if he hadn't committed he'd get a few more offers.

PostSubject: Re: Gareon Conley is BLUE!!   Gareon Conley is BLUE!! EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 6:55 pm

Great get, on the surface at least. Gotta love his 6-2 height. I've been really leery about the average sub-6' height of so many corners we've had lately.

As you (Joe) joked (though seriously): "Ho-hum, another 4*...!!" Keep 'em coming in, coach Hoke and Co.!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Gareon Conley is BLUE!!   Gareon Conley is BLUE!! EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 10:39 pm

michmike wrote:
... I've been really leery about the average sub-6' height of so many corners we've had lately...

don't you mean sub 5'9" corners we've had as of late.

i have been SICK of the lack of size at CB. Glad to see we're addressing that.

PostSubject: Re: Gareon Conley is BLUE!!   Gareon Conley is BLUE!! EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:21 am

but we are addressing it with a kid unrated by espn and rivals, a 4 * by scout, and a 3* by 247. Just seems that with the limited amount of spots we have we would give the more skilled players like Fuller, Hargreaves, Cravens, Hawkins a chance to commit before just taking any kid that wants to come. This is where early commitments can start to hurt as much success as we have had with them so far. Especially if this is the last CB we take in this class!
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Gareon Conley is BLUE!!   Gareon Conley is BLUE!! EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:04 am

One nice thing for Mr. Conley, based on the video in this link:
http://annarbor.com/sports/um-football/michigan-football-picks-up-5th-ohio-recruit-class-swells-to-15-with-addition-of-cb-gareon-conley/?cmpid=mlive

He won't even have to become accustomed to a new logo on the 50-yard line of home games...just different colors!
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Gareon Conley is BLUE!!   Gareon Conley is BLUE!! EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:12 am

CharlotteGuy wrote:
but we are addressing it with a kid unrated by espn and rivals, a 4 * by scout, and a 3* by 247. Just seems that with the limited amount of spots we have we would give the more skilled players like Fuller, Hargreaves, Cravens, Hawkins a chance to commit before just taking any kid that wants to come. This is where early commitments can start to hurt as much success as we have had with them so far. Especially if this is the last CB we take in this class!

Good point. At what point to do wait and see what some of the premiere players that you are targeting/have offers out to? I really do not think the upper echelon of recruits (top half 4 star and 5 star) will speed up their commitment because a school's class is filling up. We may miss out on some guys as a result.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Gareon Conley is BLUE!!   Gareon Conley is BLUE!! EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:08 am

WHich leads to an interesting question.

Would you take a 3* or 4* right now oir wait and HOPE to get a 5*?

I have my thoughts.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Gareon Conley is BLUE!!   Gareon Conley is BLUE!! EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:13 am

Bird in the hand.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Gareon Conley is BLUE!!   Gareon Conley is BLUE!! EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:18 am

That's what I'm thinking.

I dunno, something about the guys that wait until the day to make a huge production out of it really turns me off.

It says "Look at me." "I'm more important than THE TEAM!"

Yeah, I know it's exciting and you sit on the edge of your seat hoping but still, there's something about that that throws up a red flag to me.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Gareon Conley is BLUE!!   Gareon Conley is BLUE!! EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:37 am

I agree about the kids that make it all about them being a turn off. We aren't talking about that. We are talking about saving spots for some of the premiere guys we have offers out to. We are less than two months removed from the 2012 NSD and our class is already filling up. I do not fault kids for wanting to look around a little bit. I do not think there is any harm in giving a kid a few months to make this huge decision. We have some big time prospects wanting to visit Michigan both officially and unofficially. I would like to see us at least make a run at them.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Gareon Conley is BLUE!!   Gareon Conley is BLUE!! EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:30 pm

I like the bird in the hand, especially a 4*, but I'd like to see them turn away some kids & wait on the supers if necessary.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Gareon Conley is BLUE!!   Gareon Conley is BLUE!! EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:07 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
Yeah, I know it's exciting and you sit on the edge of your seat hoping but still, there's something about that that throws up a red flag to me.

And look at that punk (tp) who waited even longer to make his announcement. What kind of character did he end up displaying. Punks, just a bunch of punks...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Gareon Conley is BLUE!!   Gareon Conley is BLUE!! EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:11 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
I agree about the kids that make it all about them being a turn off. We aren't talking about that. We are talking about saving spots for some of the premiere guys we have offers out to. We are less than two months removed from the 2012 NSD and our class is already filling up. I do not fault kids for wanting to look around a little bit. I do not think there is any harm in giving a kid a few months to make this huge decision. We have some big time prospects wanting to visit Michigan both officially and unofficially. I would like to see us at least make a run at them.

That is definitely a valid point that you made. However, I think that Coach Hoke likes quality players who WANT TO BE AT MICHIGAN, more than 5-stars who are just considering us. I do agree with you that kids should hyave more than 2 months to make a large decision like this but in reality they have been thinking about this opportunity since they were 14.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gareon Conley is BLUE!!   Gareon Conley is BLUE!! EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:14 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
but in reality they have been thinking about this opportunity since they were 14.

This is very, very, very true.

And I think you're right, Hoke would rather have someone who WANTS to be a Michigan Man. Those are the kids that play hard every down.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Gareon Conley is BLUE!!   Gareon Conley is BLUE!! EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:21 pm

I am down with the whole wanting kids that WANT to be at U of M. I just wonder when you have 80+ offers (I thought I saw we had 80+ offers out) out how do you do quality control when the kids start committing.

Do teams start pulling offers when positions fill up? I know there was a post on here recently about a kid being told to look elsewhere but I do not remember if he had an offer. I do not want to end up with 6 LB's because they want to be at U of M. That would not help the program. I would also like them to be a little more selective with the remaining 4-5 spots.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Gareon Conley is BLUE!!   Gareon Conley is BLUE!! EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:33 pm

As far as I know once a position fills all other offers for that position are pulled. I think...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gareon Conley is BLUE!!   Gareon Conley is BLUE!! EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:01 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
As far as I know once a position fills all other offers for that position are pulled. I think...

Pretty much...unless it's an absolute stud who calls and wants to commit.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gareon Conley is BLUE!!   Gareon Conley is BLUE!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Gareon Conley is BLUE!!
Page 1 of 1