Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WELL---is the second half worth watching?

Go down 
+3
fishgoblue22
dwoody
michmike
7 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

WELL---is the second half worth watching? Empty
PostSubject: WELL---is the second half worth watching?   WELL---is the second half worth watching? EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 1:29 pm

Possibly, only for two reasons:

(1) Making sure none of our SECOND and THIRD team get hurt.
(2) Listening to the "Artist" complain about how lousy we looked in the first half--- 39-0 score and 8-to-1 yardage edge notwithstanding.

But seriously, wasn't it BULLSHIT, all the kabub the FS1 announcers made on Josh M's tip-drill pick? "Nebraska had a wide-open man for
a TD (in the middle)!" Jeez, UNTIL our back five SAW the tip by big Lawrence, and converged on the ball, the NU TE was NOT open!!!

And I attribute NU's miserable showing largely to miserable coaching/strategy. Why didn't their program pursue a strategy something
to the effect of:

(1) Have Tom Osborne un-retire for ONE game, and take the head coaching headphones

(2) Have him tell the coaches who have a UPI vote that he's RE-RETIRING tomorrow, and as an appreciative gift, would they kindly
jointly petition the NCAA to allow Scott Frost to put on the pads and play QB?

(3) Allow not only KICKING a live ball, but also TWO forward passes on a play, inside your own 5-yard line?
(Of course, only the Huskers can KICK deflected balls)

(4) DISALLOW tipped passes from qualifying as interceptible.

WELL?????
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: WELL---is the second half worth watching?   WELL---is the second half worth watching? EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 1:52 pm

Is Nebraska d THAT bad, or is the o-line playing a lot better?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: WELL---is the second half worth watching?   WELL---is the second half worth watching? EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 5:53 pm

dwoody wrote:
Is Nebraska d THAT bad, or is the o-line playing a lot better?

Both
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: WELL---is the second half worth watching?   WELL---is the second half worth watching? EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Penalties were minimal today. Hudson is a effing idiot, though.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: WELL---is the second half worth watching?   WELL---is the second half worth watching? EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 7:02 pm

WOW!

I really don't have anything else to say.

Wait

Holy shit!

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: WELL---is the second half worth watching?   WELL---is the second half worth watching? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 11:54 am

I have not even posted in a couple of weeks and I get this. 1st it was Nebraska who lost to TROY. 2nd Michigan played very well. I would like to see The W/O be more involved but I guess when your running the ball right down the throats its tough to pass. TE look good. Shea seem to have full control of the offense, but it looks like Dylan is a player ready to go. hope he does not transfer. The defense plays good for 2 plays the seem to think that enough. Running game was awesome, and the 2 youngsters, Wison and Mason look like a very nice 1-2 punch, speed and power.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: WELL---is the second half worth watching?   WELL---is the second half worth watching? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 12:54 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
I have not even posted in a couple of weeks and I get this. 1st it was Nebraska who lost to TROY. 2nd Michigan played very well. I would like to see The W/O be more involved but I guess when your running the ball right down the throats its tough to pass. TE look good. Shea seem to have full control of the offense, but it looks like Dylan is a player ready to go. hope he does not transfer. The defense plays good for 2 plays the seem to think that enough. Running game was awesome, and the 2 youngsters, Wison and Mason look like a very nice 1-2 punch, speed and power.

Why would Dylan transfer? He's clearly the next guy up. Peters may go, and I wouldn't blame him. I've heard he is on pace to graduate this year so he could go and have two years to play as a grad transfer.

I think Shea is gone after this year. NFL scouts will love his arm strength and accuracy. Even if he is only throwing 20 times a game.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: WELL---is the second half worth watching?   WELL---is the second half worth watching? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 3:21 pm

Agree- Dylan isn't going anywhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WELL---is the second half worth watching?   WELL---is the second half worth watching? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 6:26 pm

If Shea goes to the NFL I can understand that but the way guys are today would he want to sit 2 years behind Shea, just speculating, now days who knows.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: WELL---is the second half worth watching?   WELL---is the second half worth watching? EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 2:19 am

If Shea goes to the NFL I can understand that but the way guys are today would he want to sit 2 years behind Shea, just speculating, now days who knows.

McCaffrey will beat shea out at camp next Fall if it comes to that. Trust me, now that Dylan has put on a little weight he is going to takeover next year. He is the real deal. Or a bad thing could happen with another Brady-Henson type of situation but I don't exactly forsee that occuring. Dylan loves Michigan though so even if he doesn't beat Shea next Fall he's staying. Milton is the one you need to worry about transferring.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: WELL---is the second half worth watching?   WELL---is the second half worth watching? EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 6:20 am

Bo 2.0 wrote:

McCaffrey will beat shea out at camp next Fall if it comes to that.  Trust me, now that Dylan has put on a little weight he is going to takeover next year.  He is the real deal.  Or a bad thing could happen with another Brady-Henson type of situation but I don't exactly forsee that occuring.  Dylan loves Michigan though so even if he doesn't beat Shea next Fall he's staying.  Milton is the one you need to worry about transferring.

Milton is a project.  Everyone, including him knows that.  He's a strong armed guy that completed less than 50% of his passes in HS.  He's not going to transfer.  He is 3 years away from being a competent college QB.  Needs a lot of coaching because he has huge upside but is as raw as can be.  

Peters will go after this year and I would imagine he will have a lot of opportunities. Maybe not power 5, but I could see him at a Group of 5 school and staring right away.  

McNamara coming in is more polished than Milton at this point, but he will RS.  

I think Milton has the highest ceiling, but it will take a while to get there.

The QB room is looking really strong right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WELL---is the second half worth watching?   WELL---is the second half worth watching? Empty

Back to top Go down

WELL---is the second half worth watching?
Page 1 of 1