Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

fast facts

Go down 
+2
ThatGuy
sandyeggo_blue
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

fast facts Empty
PostSubject: fast facts   fast facts EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 1:14 pm

1. Sparty was given more yards in penalties than they earned against UM's D (99 to 94)

2. Sparty had more yards in their pregame walk than they did against UM's D (100 to 94)

3. The last time UM beat a ranked team on the road 13 of Bill Cosby's rapes were still within the statute of limitations.... Actually I just made that up but it sounds like it could be true.

4. Speight threw a TD pass to Asiasi yesterday.

5. Haskins threw the ball 73 times for nearly 500 yards yesterday and O$U still lost by 29 points.

6. Almost two years to the day (oct 22nd 2016) was the last time UM won a game on the same day sparty and O$U lost a game.

7. I apologized for yelling at, and made up with with my tv during the 4th quarter of yesterday's game.

ThatGuy

fast facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: fast facts   fast facts EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 7:27 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
2. Sparty had more yards in their pregame walk than they did against UM's D (100 to 94)

Technically they had 200 yards in their pregame walk, right? Don't they walk down the field and back?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

fast facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: fast facts   fast facts EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 6:22 am

Another fast fact: the last time I recall seeing/reading/hearing of our defense holding a ranked team on the road to an "0-for" in third-down conversions (and yes, it exactly matched Saturday's 0-12 for MSU) was our "Judgment Day" extermination of Penn State in '97.

Umm...does anyone remember how we finished that season?????
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

fast facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: fast facts   fast facts EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 10:31 am

michmike wrote:
Another fast fact: the last time I recall seeing/reading/hearing of our defense holding a ranked team on the road to an "0-for" in third-down conversions (and yes, it exactly matched Saturday's 0-12 for MSU) was our "Judgment Day" extermination of Penn State in '97.

Plus have you noticed that Washington State looks pretty good this year (which is a relatively rare occurrence)?
Back to top Go down
michmike

fast facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: fast facts   fast facts EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 11:21 am

wshoes wrote:
michmike wrote:

Plus have you noticed that Washington State looks pretty good this year (which is a relatively rare occurrence)?

Yes I have.  And Shoozie, I'll assume your allusion is simply to THAT FACT (that Wazzu is playing well this year as they did in '97)...and not any implication of a 1-1-1998 Rose rematch.

Frankly, I DON'T WANT to play THEM this post-season!  You guess why...

(Hint: 'cos it would NOT be in the...)
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

fast facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: fast facts   fast facts EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 3:54 pm

michmike wrote:

wow, awesome stat!

fishgoblue22

fast facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: fast facts   fast facts EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 6:18 am

Another fast fact: MSU will have zero wins against UM in basketball and football in 2018 and none of those games were in Ann Arbor.
Back to top Go down
michmike

fast facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: fast facts   fast facts EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 7:07 am

Good one, Fish!  And the TRUTH to top it off...

But here's another "fast fact", a sort of take-off on the parallel I drew between 0-for-12 third-down conversions (MSU '18, PSU '97):

According to an MLive article, ESPN sports says the 94 yards of offense our defense held MSU to was the Spartans' lowest total since....1947.

Ahem.  Anyone remember what our Maize and Blue did THAT year, too?????
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

fast facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: fast facts   fast facts EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 7:44 am

Every sign points to a National Championship.

Bet on it!

ThatGuy

fast facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: fast facts   fast facts EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 3:42 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Another fast fact:  MSU will have zero wins against UM in basketball and football in 2018 and none of those games were in Ann Arbor.

I'll be bringing this one up....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

fast facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: fast facts   fast facts EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 7:19 am

Bo 2.0 wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
Another fast fact:  MSU will have zero wins against UM in basketball and football in 2018 and none of those games were in Ann Arbor.

I was going to include hockey, but they play 2 games against MSU before the end of 2018 so I didn't want to jinx it.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

fast facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: fast facts   fast facts EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 3:19 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Bo 2.0 wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

I was going to include hockey, but they play 2 games against MSU before the end of 2018 so I didn't want to jinx it.

My still uninformed, although I have been to both regular season home games this season, is that they are weak. Of course last year I said the same thing at this point and they turned the corner and ended up in The Frozen Four so what do I know?

The first hockey game is also in east landfill but the second is at Yost.

sparty gets up for us (they do in every sport) and even more so in hockey so the best team doesn't always win. Michigan baseball is also 4-0 against sparty in 2018 so there's that (although 2 of those games were in Ann Arbor and 2 east landfill). Michigan baseball also played Lansing Community College in a baseball exhibition on the 7th and the academics are fairly similar.... Razz

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fast facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: fast facts   fast facts Empty

Back to top Go down

fast facts
Page 1 of 1