Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Michigan Baseball for mike

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

OT: Michigan Baseball for mike Empty
PostSubject: OT: Michigan Baseball for mike   OT: Michigan Baseball for mike EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 3:31 am

I was looking at the schedule for this upcoming season and it looks fairly challenging.  Some real big names on there.  If we do well that'll make reaching the tournament that much easier.  Missing last year hurt...

https://mgoblue.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=1511

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?

Last edited by Bo 2.0 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: Michigan Baseball for mike   OT: Michigan Baseball for mike EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 6:48 am

Bo 2.0 wrote:
I was looking at the schedule for this upcoming season and it looks fairly challenging.  Some real big names on there.  If we do well that'll make reaching the tournament that much easier.  Missing last year hurt...

https://mgoblue.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=1511

If you're talking about THIS "mike", Bo...

I just glanced at that link's object: what in hell was going on with "Lansing Community College", us winning 22-10 in 14 innings?????   How does that happen in baseball???   Geez, maybe I ought to dust of this old right arm and try out, if THAT is the sort of pitching (10 runs) our staff turns in!
Yipes!!

Then again, truth be told, that's the only kind of lead (12 runs, PRIOR to the 9th inning) then-coach (the late) 'Moby' Benedict would generally call me in from the pen for!!! (I won't bore you with some of his "Benedict-ions" to yours truly...)
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: OT: Michigan Baseball for mike   OT: Michigan Baseball for mike EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 10:04 pm

I was alarmed at that initially as well. Then I realized that it was an exhibition, in October, against a Community College (same academics as state) and came to the conclusion that they just played until a certain time. No strategy was involved, kind of a reverse "spring training". Last Chance College doesn't even have that "game" on its schedule (http://lccstars.com/sports/bsb/2018-19/schedule).

***Also kinda funny, on LCC's schedule is Calvin College's JV. Since when does a Community College have a JV squad? And LCC has to go TO another Community College's field. LCC had no respect from me before, somehow they have even less now.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: Michigan Baseball for mike   OT: Michigan Baseball for mike EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 7:31 am

Your theory lends more credibility to the article, Bo2--- kinda like (for a football team) a "controlled scrimmage" of sorts, eh? Empty the bench, bat around every "inning", ensure every hitter gets X at-bats, every pitcher Y innings pitched, etc., etc.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: OT: Michigan Baseball for mike   OT: Michigan Baseball for mike EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 7:18 pm

Pretty much. The "game" means absolutely nothing so....

I wish I could find a boxscore for it but I doubt one was kept.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Michigan Baseball for mike   OT: Michigan Baseball for mike Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Michigan Baseball for mike
Page 1 of 1