Members, please sign in.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hockey outdoors vs ND

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Hockey outdoors vs ND Empty
PostSubject: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:36 pm

https://mgoblue.com/news/2018/10/29/ice-hockey-michigan-to-face-off-with-irish-at-notre-dame-stadium.aspx

My family will be there. Still trying to figure out the tailgate situation.

Bo 2.0

Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 10:25 pm

Sigh...the fad is still here.

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 7:42 am

I will be there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 9:14 pm

Michigan is not very good this year but if you recall I said the same thing last year at this point in the season so here's hoping that I'm wrong again.

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 4:39 pm

Went to the Soo last night and watched the game. The Lakers kicked their butt badly Lavigne was bad but the LSSU school out skated Michigan badly

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 10:17 pm

Got our tickets last night. I think they are in a decent spot (neutral zone) and fairly close. My boys are stoked! Can't wait.

Hockey outdoors vs ND Thumbn10

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 7:42 am

Awesome. Maybe I'll see you there. My brother picked up our tickets yesterday. I have no idea where they are located.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 10:17 am

I’m pretty sure we are in L11 row 21 but I’ll have to double check that. Maybe I’ll see you there. My wife will probably insist on wearing her Ferris State jersey so we should be easy to spot. My kids also want to wear full pads. We should stick out.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 12:30 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I’m pretty sure we are in L11 row 21 but I’ll have to double check that. Maybe I’ll see you there. My wife will probably insist on wearing her Ferris State jersey so we should be easy to spot. My kids also want to wear full pads. We should stick out.

Perfect. I'll be the old fat guy with a beard. That should narrow it down. I'll get with my brother to find out were our seats are and let you know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 3:05 am

It looks like I "may" be going with the Deker's Blue Line Club.

http://www.umich.edu/~dekers/Membership.htm

Still not sure that I want to but hey, why not?

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 5:52 pm

I know it's still a bit far out but....

Weather channel forecast: Partly cloudy. High around 30F. Winds W at 10 to 15. 20% chance of precipitation.

Bo 2.0

Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 10:08 pm

Dekers cancelled their trip so I most likely won't be going. Unless the group of students has an opening and wants to take an old guy. Even then I'm not sure I want to go. We'll see.

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 11:30 am

latest forecast Sunny and 43. these teams are going to be playing on a puddle of water.

it's nice that the World Juniors are still in it but that just means Michigan will likely be missing it's two best players (norris and hughes). ND has no players on the WJC roster.

If US loses to Russia on Friday will Quinn and Josh be ready/able to play Saturday?

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 1:45 pm

I have an invite to go. I don't think I'm going to.

I was at the Big Chill. That's enough outdoor hockey for me.

Bo 2.0

Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 5:30 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
If US loses to Russia on Friday will Quinn and Josh be ready/able to play Saturday?

I have no information on this topic but it's highly doubtful that Hughes and/or Norris will be at Notre Dame.

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 8:34 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
latest forecast Sunny and 43. these teams are going to be playing on a puddle of water.

it's nice that the World Juniors are still in it but that just means Michigan will likely be missing it's two best players (norris and hughes). ND has no players on the WJC roster.

They are not playing.

https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/2019/01/michigan-hockeys-top-two-players-to-miss-outdoor-game-vs-notre-dame.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 10:58 am

So, give us some thoughts from the game.

I know we won but nothing else.

wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 11:16 am

Notre Dame couldn't see our players because of the all white uniforms! Big win given we were without two of our best players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 11:54 am

I'm not much of a hockey fan but wow, I'd say that's quite an accomplishment to win at their house minus your 2 best players. Awesome.

And besides, it's always good to come out of ND stadium with a win!

Important game today in BB vs Indiana. I hope Livers can play, we're going to need him.

GO BLUE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 3:22 pm

Had a great time. ND put on a nice show.

Game was delayed an hour because of the ice conditions.

Their goalie really had trouble seeing the puck early. UM scored on an icing attempt. Defensemen was clearing the zone for a line change and the puck took a strange bounce in front of the goalie and went it. Most of us in the crowd didn't realize it was a goal for a couple seconds.

UM got a quick 3 goal lead and played the rest of the game more defensively.

White uniforms looked great live.

My first visit to ND. We walked into the basketball stadium as the fans were leaving. They just finished playing Syracuse. Went into the ND trophy/honors room in the stadium. Pretty neat.

All in all I had a great time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 5:53 pm

That was an absolutely pathetic show by notre dame. 26k people in the stadium? Absolutely absurd! Yes I know that the weather didn't help much but it didn't deter anyone either.

Yes visibility is always an issue with outdoor games but that's why you prepare for it. notre dame has an outstanding goalie who took this game too lightly, Michigan didn't (thankfully).

I wasn't that fond of the uniforms but I didn't hate them. Both teams were wearing footballish uniforms as the game was in notre dame stadium. I get it.

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 8:17 pm

1. It was a good conference win. That win could jump start a stagnant UM team.

2. I'd have to disagree with Fish... the game atmosphere was terrible. That was the 5th UM outdoor hockey game I've been to and it was by far the worst. The previous four were awesome. The weather may have played a part (small IMO) in this terrible outdoor experience but I'd say it was ND in general. I think the official attendance was around 23,000 or so.

3. I was skeptical at first but the all white jerseys looked great! I was joking with my wife that they gave UM the appearance of being faster than ND but in all reality UM outskated ND for all but about 10 minutes of that game.

4. The 3 goals in the first set the tone and I agree that the goalie may have had a hard time seeing the puck. The second goal was an obvious clear that bounced it's way into the net. The UM D was making a line change and the new line was stunned when it went it.

5. It might have just been my section but I'm pretty sure UM fans outnumbered the ND fans.

6. ND pulling the goalie with 4 min to play was a bit shocking.

7. All in all my kids had a fun time and that's all that counts... oh and UM got the win.

Bo 2.0

Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 8:34 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

2. I'd have to disagree with Fish... the game atmosphere was terrible. That was the 5th UM outdoor hockey game I've been to and it was by far the worst. The previous four were awesome. The weather may have played a part (small IMO) in this terrible outdoor experience but I'd say it was ND in general. I think the official attendance was around 23,000 or so.

3. I was skeptical at first but the all white jerseys looked great! I was joking with my wife that they gave UM the appearance of being faster than ND but in all reality UM outskated ND for all but about 10 minutes of that game.

4. The 3 goals in the first set the tone and I agree that the goalie may have had a hard time seeing the puck. The second goal was an obvious clear that bounced it's way into the net. The UM D was making a line change and the new line was stunned when it went it.

5. It might have just been my section but I'm pretty sure UM fans outnumbered the ND fans.

7. All in all my kids had a fun time and that's all that counts... oh and UM got the win.

1.) The notre dame series after the break last year was the turning point, even though we lost both games.

2.) notre dame is a terrible hockey school. I recall when I was in school and I talked to Gajic about it. He laughed and joked that notre dame plays in a gymnasium with a curtain. He said that you could hear the women's bouncyball team practicing on the other side.

Last year when I went to The Frozen Four I think that I saw a total of 12 notre dame fans AND THAT INCLUDED PARENTS!

3.) Michigan is typically one of the faster skating teams in college hockey.

4.) Yeah, except it was the 1st goal. No big deal the 2nd goal was :16 later.

5.) I'm positive UM fans outnumbered notre dame fans. The Michigan fans were louder than notre dame at least on TV (though that could be just where the microphone was placed but no, there were more UM fans I'm positive).

6.) Yes and no. I thought that it was unusual but understandable as notre dame had not been able to get anything going all day and were down by 2. It even half worked.

7.) Yes that is all that matters. I'm glad you all had fun.

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 9:56 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Well, I had a great time. I enjoyed sneaking into the basketball stadium before the game and touring the ND "hall of fame" of sorts.

My section, 12 row 50 was almost all UM fans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hockey outdoors vs ND   Hockey outdoors vs ND Empty

Back to top Go down

Hockey outdoors vs ND
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: