Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft.

Go down 
+3
the artist formally known
wshoes
fishgoblue22
7 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft. Empty
PostSubject: Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft.   Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft. EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 9:21 am

https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Article/Michigan-Wolverines-QB-Shea-Patterson-expected-to-enter-NFL-Draft-124833215/
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft.   Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft. EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 10:44 am

It's a down year for QBs so there would be some sense to it. I had previously heard that he was going to get an evaluation and would only go if he were projected as a first rounder (or possibly second). I hope he plays so well the rest of this year that NFL teams are clamoring for him- it would be worth it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft.   Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft. EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 6:28 pm

Watching the game today I would be very surprised. Not accurate misses open receivers, only thing he has is that he can run some.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft.   Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft. EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 6:29 pm

Watching the game today I would be very surprised. Not accurate misses open receivers, only thing he has is that he can run some.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft.   Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft. EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 6:29 pm

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft.   Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft. EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 9:38 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Article/Michigan-Wolverines-QB-Shea-Patterson-expected-to-enter-NFL-Draft-124833215/

That's what I heard. Haskins too, not that it matters to us.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft.   Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft. EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 5:59 pm

Shea hasn't said anything to anyone.

Anyone who claims they have "several" sources is 100% full of shit. (I'm talking about the article not the people on this forum)

Anything you hear is 100% speculation.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft.   Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft. EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 6:21 pm

the artist formally known wrote:

Not sure but I think he is so far, the most accurate QB in Michigan history.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft.   Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft. EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 7:45 pm

wshoes wrote:

I don't doubt that shoes but artist was right. At least yesterday. It might have been Shea's worst game of the year.

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft.   Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft. EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 8:04 pm

To me I don’t see him being a sure fire first rounder... not being pessimistic because I want him back for me wanting him on the team next year ... in fact I think DMac has higher potential and better upside... I love Sheas swagger and coolness out there and if he feels he should go more power to him ... definitely needs more consistency but I think a lot is on JH and Pep not letting him open it up more with downfield shots ... hopefully that has been saved for the shoe
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft.   Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft. EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 8:35 pm

I know that you're all waiting for this. TWOSS is...

I have no idea, I haven't asked anyone and information has pretty much dried up unless Coach Harbaugh wants it to get out.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft.   Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft. EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 9:01 pm

joe wrote:
wshoes wrote:

I don't doubt that shoes but artist was right. At least yesterday. It might have been Shea's worst game of the year.

I went back 30 years and Shea's 65.6 % completion percentage is the best in that time frame. Todd Collins and Elvis Grbac were close but still lower. He IS an accurate passer. How the NFL grades him, I have no idea, but accuracy is a strength, not a problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft.   Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft. EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 10:04 pm

completion % is tough to rate. 1 because of the pass distance and 2 because of receivers. I see Shea throws a lot of shorter passes to backs and tight ends, while other QB's would try deeper stuff. JH is playing it pretty close to the vest and has not gone dep much. Personally I cant wait till they let Black lose. I believe he is the deep threat Michigan needs

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft.   Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft. EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 7:54 am

This is a very week QB class. He will probably not be a first rounder but could be a 2nd rounder and odds are he would be a 2nd rounder next year too, so he should go and make some money.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft.   Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft. EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 4:40 pm

completion % is tough to rate. 1 because of the pass distance and 2 because of receivers. I see Shea throws a lot of shorter passes to backs and tight ends, while other QB's would try deeper stuff. JH is playing it pretty close to the vest and has not gone dep much. Personally I cant wait till they let Black lose. I believe he is the deep threat Michigan needs

In fact's Shea's yards per attempt of 8.5 is among the best of the last 30 years, only Michael Taylor and sophomore Denard had higher figures. It is better than anything Henne, Brady, Navarre, or Griese ever did and comparable to the best of Todd Collins and Elvis Grzbac. Shea throws it downfield quite a bit, including to the tight ends, and has thrown it very seldom to backs (26 of 168 total completions).
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft.   Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft. EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 4:44 pm

One thing that impresses me most about Shea is his ability to roll left (as well as right) and accurately deliver passes on the move. 2/3 of NFL QBs can't do that.

Now he is on the short side and I don't think his arm is a cannon, so he is not a prototypical NFL blue chip prospect, bit I kinda like his chances to be successful.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft.   Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft. EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 4:44 pm

Surely all this talk and speculation is breaking DMac's heart!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft.   Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft. Empty

Back to top Go down

Rumor says Shea is headed to the draft.
Page 1 of 1