Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So where do we go from here?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
flabluefan1

So where do we go from here? Empty
PostSubject: So where do we go from here?   So where do we go from here? EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:41 pm

This was an awful loss in so many ways. It shows UM's coaches can't compete against Meyer and OSU. It shows the UM's O is too vanilla and predictable. It exposed the flaws in Don Brown's D schemes although Indy already did that last week. It exposed weaknesses in the special teams. So should the entire coaching staff from JH on down be fired? IF so, who replaces them? Think Nick Saban or Dabo Sweeney are available? Thinking about it calmly firing everyone and starting over doesn't look practical. Problem is that UM has the 2d best coaching staff in the BIG. Clearly that's not good enough.

UM may well play in the Rose Bowl IF OSU gets into the playoffs, which is still a big IF. Clemson and ND are in. Bama is going to whip Ga. Assuming OSU dismantles NW, as it should, I don't see how the committee can leave them out over a 2 loss Ga and defenseless Oklahoma.

The Rose Bowl obviously isn't the prize it once was but UM still hasn't been there in what 12 years? I've never been there because of my Outback duties and I've vowed that the next time UM is there I'm going. So this may be the year. If that indeed happens and UM plays Utah or Washington that's an opportunity to get a good win and start rebuilding. But a loss would be doubly devastating.

Going forward UM still needs to improve on the OL. OSU got to Patterson way too often and the running game was inconsistent. On D OSU exposed the weaknesses in Brown's scheme. OSU spread out its wos and forced UM to cover them one on one including the LBs. That left the front four alone to rush Haskins against 5 OSU OLs. UM got zero presssure on Haskins. Obviously you have to have a very good OL but the good teams will have that. You can bet every team on UM's schedule next year will do what Indy and OSU did to our D. Brown needs to get creative and anticipate that for next season, indeed for the bowl game.

Shoes saw your post as I was typing this. You're right of course that JH has improved the program light years from R Rod and Hoke. The only practical thing for UM to do is to keep working to get better. Frankly, IMO OSU could have beaten anyone in the country yesterday. They were firing on all cylinders. We're not that far behind. Turn things back around startingv with the Bowl game.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: So where do we go from here?   So where do we go from here? EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 3:20 pm

I can’t see the offence changing as long as Pep is there and Harbaugh thinks he’s coaching in the 70/80s with two TEs and a FB
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

PostSubject: Re: So where do we go from here?   So where do we go from here? EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 3:56 pm

I strongly believe Harbaugh and staff should stay. But yesterday exposed serious flaws in all three aspects: offense, defense, and special teams and their game plans. There was night and day differences in the opposing lines. the defensive secondary was awful and Ohio took advantage of it just as Indiana did the previous week. Michigan still scored 39 points, which would win many games. But the run first mindset, especially on first and second downs left Patterson in so many third and long situations. Even then he had little or no time to throw. I think the way Ohio played, they could have beaten some of the pro teams yesterday. As we saw, especially Watson, speed kills.

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: So where do we go from here?   So where do we go from here? EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 4:32 pm

I can't see firing the whole crew. besides if not JH who and Don Brown weeks ago he was the best thing since slice bread. I think Pep or Mc elwain to open the offense a little, use enough spread to confuse the offense. Biggest issue would be to upgrade of the offensive line. Biggest issue yesterday, was the crossing routes and Watson not getting any help in pass defense. The offense actually did pretty good they scored enough to win. Special teams have been good all year and all of a sudden blocked punt all is lost. No Harbaugh is here for awhile the idiots calling for his head are crazy! Don Brown was good all year, Lets face it Meyer isn't no slouch, he figured out a weakness and exploited I, O$U get better atheletes, and more depth. Simple as that.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So where do we go from here?   So where do we go from here? Empty

Back to top Go down

So where do we go from here?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: