Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT. B-ball

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

OT. B-ball Empty
PostSubject: OT. B-ball   OT. B-ball EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 11:47 pm

The best coach and one of the best teams in the country! Pass a good time between now and the bowl game and watch them play!
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

OT. B-ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: OT. B-ball   OT. B-ball EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 4:11 am

We all know my feelings BUT I happened to catch a little of the game.  Even I was impressed.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

OT. B-ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: OT. B-ball   OT. B-ball EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 7:30 am

The attitude this team has is fun. They are brash and they are having fun. I feel like Brazdeikis' confidence has spread among the rest of the team.
Back to top Go down
flabluefan1

OT. B-ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: OT. B-ball   OT. B-ball EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 6:32 pm

I was one of JB's biggest critics a few years ago. His teams didn't play
D, they didn't know what a rebound was, and they passed the ball around the perimeter until the shot clock ran down and then jacked up a bad three.

The complete metamorphisis started I think three seasons ago with Wagner and Wilson actually taking the ball down low, rebounding and blocking shots. Then the defensive assistant left to go to NW and I thought we'd be back to the same old same old. BUT to JB's everlasting credit, he went out and got some even more defensive minded assistants, and recruited some strong tough kids who didn't mind taking it to the hoop, pounding the boards and bloodying some noses.

I don't know how this team will end up this season of course. But if they can stay healthy this team can go to the final 4 again and maybe get lucky and win it. Clearly as of right now they are far and away the best team in the BIG and a top 5 team.

UM needs to develop some more depth, especially behind Teske, and MUST shoot better from the FT line. UM will lose a few games as everyone does and when it does it will be because they missed too many FTs. Right now though they are the most fun UM to watch IMO since Green Grote Hubbard etc. and before that Cazzie Buntin Darden etc.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

OT. B-ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: OT. B-ball   OT. B-ball EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 10:04 am

flabluefan1 wrote:
I was one of JB's biggest critics a few years ago.  His teams didn't play
D, they didn't know what a rebound was, and they passed the ball around the perimeter until the shot  clock ran down and then jacked up a bad three.  

The complete metamorphisis started I think three seasons ago with Wagner and Wilson actually taking the ball down low, rebounding and blocking shots.  Then the defensive assistant left to go to NW and I thought we'd be back to the same old same old.  BUT to JB's everlasting credit, he went out and got some even more defensive minded assistants, and recruited some strong tough kids who didn't mind taking it to the hoop, pounding the boards and bloodying some noses.  

I don't know how this team will end up this season of course.  But if they can stay healthy this team can go to the final 4 again and maybe get lucky and win it.  Clearly as of right now they are far and away the best team in the BIG and a top 5 team.  

UM needs to develop some more depth, especially behind Teske, and MUST shoot better from the FT line.  UM will lose a few games as everyone does and when it does it will be because they missed too many FTs.  Right now though they are the most fun UM to watch IMO since Green Grote Hubbard etc. and before that Cazzie Buntin Darden etc.        

I can admit that JB's teams did not focus on defense for a long time. However you are very wrong about what the offense looked like. They did not pass around the perimeter and jack up threes. They had constant ball and player movement, a smooth flowing offense that created great looks and then got back on defense because the didn't focus on offensive rebounding. JB is on of the most innovative offensive minds in college basketball. To not see that is crazy.

This isn't 1958. A three pointer is a good shot and today's players practice them and make them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OT. B-ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: OT. B-ball   OT. B-ball Empty

Back to top Go down

OT. B-ball
Page 1 of 1