Members, please sign in.





 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Urban Meyer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MGOBLUEBC

avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2014-02-08
Age : 69

PostSubject: Urban Meyer   Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:46 am

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/25449933/ohio-state-buckeyes-head-coach-urban-meyer-retire-coaching-rose-bowl
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BOLEACH7

avatar

Posts : 1269
Join date : 2012-01-26
Location : the Soo

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer   Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:59 am

Good riddance to the pos
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MGOBLUEBC

avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2014-02-08
Age : 69

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer   Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:01 am

BOLEACH7 wrote:
Good riddance to the pos

AMEN!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BOLEACH7

avatar

Posts : 1269
Join date : 2012-01-26
Location : the Soo

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer   Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:02 am

If Saban retires in two years .... well you’ll never know
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wshoes

avatar

Posts : 3031
Join date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer   Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:18 am

I am fine with this. We weren't going to beat his team 7 in a row if he stayed. On the other hand I do not want Dantonio to go because I think we will beat him several more times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
BOLEACH7

avatar

Posts : 1269
Join date : 2012-01-26
Location : the Soo

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer   Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:33 pm

We won’t be back to elite status until we start winning 2 out of every three versus the bucks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the artist formally known

avatar

Posts : 2644
Join date : 2012-01-25
Age : 65
Location : Northern Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer   Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:22 pm

kinda felt this was coming, not really surprised , with the off season shit and with his health issue's. Don't expect anything to change, O$U is O$U, they have cheated for years and will continue to do so. The only surprise for me, is that he isn't replaced with an SEC coach who are used to cheating, and know all the loop hole.

_________________
"HAIL HAIL MICHIGAN"
Wanted John Harbaugh but I'll
settle for JIM
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MGOBLUEBC

avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2014-02-08
Age : 69

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer   Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:23 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
We won’t be back to elite status until we start winning 2 out of every three versus the bucks

Well, now that Meyer is stepping down, hopefully, we can start doing this unless the sucknuts find a clone. It looks like we weren't going to do it while Meyer was there because it's pretty obvious Harbaugh doesn't have an answer to beat him.  

I'm curious as to who the sucknuts will get for his replacement as I can't think of who we'd replace Harbz for. Bob Stoops?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

avatar

Posts : 8038
Join date : 2012-02-03
Age : 44
Location : Within 10 minutes of The Big House.

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer   Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:28 pm

The next domino to fall will be Kelly leaving notre dame. When that happens I'm not sure but urban will take at least a year off and do TV and then go to notre dame.

_________________
Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  cheers

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MGOBLUEBC

avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2014-02-08
Age : 69

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer   Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:35 pm

Bo 2.0 wrote:
The next domino to fall will be Kelly leaving notre dame.  When that happens I'm not sure but urban will take at least a year off and do TV and then go to notre dame.

So you're saying Kelly to OSU? I could see that in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishgoblue22

avatar

Posts : 5223
Join date : 2012-01-24
Age : 49
Location : Fishers, IN

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer   Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:39 pm

O$U name Ryan Day as the new HC. Reportedly signed a 5 year deal today.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2018/12/04/ryan-day-ohio-state-urban-meyer/2200339002/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MGOBLUEBC

avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2014-02-08
Age : 69

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer   Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:42 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
O$U name Ryan Day as the new HC.  Reportedly signed a 5 year deal today.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2018/12/04/ryan-day-ohio-state-urban-meyer/2200339002/


Whoa!! Who is this guy? I know he is an assistant but I seriously expected them to pick a proven well-known winner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishgoblue22

avatar

Posts : 5223
Join date : 2012-01-24
Age : 49
Location : Fishers, IN

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer   Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:04 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
O$U name Ryan Day as the new HC.  Reportedly signed a 5 year deal today.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2018/12/04/ryan-day-ohio-state-urban-meyer/2200339002/


Whoa!! Who is this guy? I know he is an assistant but I seriously expected them to pick a proven well-known winner.

Nah, he was the planned coach in waiting ever since Urbz was suspended to start the season. He was the interim for those games and it was known that he would take over when Liar stepped down.

O$U has learned from the SMU scandal in the 80's. You don't hire and outsider to take over a cheating program. That's how things come to light. Day knows where the bodies are buried and will continue with the same shady crap and a smooth transition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MGOBLUEBC

avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2014-02-08
Age : 69

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer   Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:52 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
O$U name Ryan Day as the new HC.  Reportedly signed a 5 year deal today.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2018/12/04/ryan-day-ohio-state-urban-meyer/2200339002/


Whoa!! Who is this guy? I know he is an assistant but I seriously expected them to pick a proven well-known winner.

Nah, he was the planned coach in waiting ever since Urbz was suspended to start the season.  He was the interim for those games and it was known that he would take over when Liar stepped down.

O$U has learned from the SMU scandal in the 80's.  You don't hire and outsider to take over a cheating program.  That's how things come to light.  Day knows where the bodies are buried and will continue with the same shady crap and a smooth transition.

Ah, I see! So the slime continues at O$U..........No surprise there! Carry-on Suckeyes. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

avatar

Posts : 8038
Join date : 2012-02-03
Age : 44
Location : Within 10 minutes of The Big House.

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer   Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:02 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Bo 2.0 wrote:
The next domino to fall will be Kelly leaving notre dame.  When that happens I'm not sure but urban will take at least a year off and do TV and then go to notre dame.

So you're saying Kelly to OSU? I could see that in a heartbeat.

No, Kelly is going to Green Bay (probably)....

_________________
Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  cheers

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

avatar

Posts : 8038
Join date : 2012-02-03
Age : 44
Location : Within 10 minutes of The Big House.

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer   Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:04 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
O$U name Ryan Day as the new HC.  Reportedly signed a 5 year deal today.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2018/12/04/ryan-day-ohio-state-urban-meyer/2200339002/


Whoa!! Who is this guy? I know he is an assistant but I seriously expected them to pick a proven well-known winner.

Nah, he was the planned coach in waiting ever since Urbz was suspended to start the season.  He was the interim for those games and it was known that he would take over when Liar stepped down.

O$U has learned from the SMU scandal in the 80's.  You don't hire and outsider to take over a cheating program.  That's how things come to light.  Day knows where the bodies are buried and will continue with the same shady crap and a smooth transition.

And what the tattoos mean...

Yeah, Day was always planned. This may not actually be a good thing as he was the OC and guess what killed us? o$u's offense...


_________________
Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  cheers

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
michmike



Posts : 1581
Join date : 2012-02-03
Location : Buffalo NY

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer   Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:08 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
Good riddance to the pos

BL7, Nancy Armour of USA Today detailed many aspects of the shady side of his character, but the VERY FIRST SENTENCE of
her article says pretty much everything, in brief and up front:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/nancy-armour/2018/12/04/urban-meyer-retirement-ohio-state-four-months-too-late/2200280002/

Of course, the media will lionize him to no end, and express an outpouring of sympathy for him due to his health issues.**
And all the while making no mention of his conniving, lying and self-service at every stop his coaching career has made.
To say nothing of his enabling of Zach Smith.

(**If indeed he truly has any, or any as serious as Cris Carter makes them out to be. Just ask Florida about the gravity of
the health issues that "caused" him to hang them out to dry...and just how long thereafter he stayed "retired for health reasons...")
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BOLEACH7

avatar

Posts : 1269
Join date : 2012-01-26
Location : the Soo

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer   Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:28 pm

Big jump from being an OC .... different animal to being the man in charge at a football factory , not a school but a football factory where you answer to to the $$$$ boosters and fanatical fans ... he will have to prove the he can recruit like the liar and let the players do as they please
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MGOBLUEBC

avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2014-02-08
Age : 69

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer   Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:06 am

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2809209?fbclid=IwAR2ANWgsUii77PegfzN78eL6hkiRUHLli-K_Lu-CNZ4PSefPv5fxlZh54YI
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer   

Back to top Go down
 
Urban Meyer
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: