Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas? Empty
PostSubject: Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas?   Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas? EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 10:35 am

https://247sports.com/college/penn-state/Article/Big-Ten-targeting-Oklahoma-Sooners-Texas-Longhorns-125965141/
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas?   Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas? EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 12:48 pm

Both of them would find out exactly what PSU and Nebraska learned.

They are currently big fish in a small pond. In the B1G they'd be just another team.

What this would do is open up a road to recruiting in Texas and Oklahoma.

I'd take them.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas?   Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas? EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 2:16 pm

Since we aren't going back to 10 teams (which would be my first preference), I would take them as well, but could we kick out Rutgers and Maryland or Rutgers and somebody?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas?   Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas? EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 5:54 pm

Well that isn't going to happen. Lol. Every conference has red headed step Children.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas?   Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 11:23 pm

My uneducated guess if Ok. and Tx. join the B1G (notice I said IF) would be that both of those teams would be in the West for football and Indiana would switch from West to East. That would also balance out the divisions a little better.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas?   Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 7:39 am

Bo 2.0 wrote:
My uneducated guess if Ok. and Tx. join the B1G (notice I said IF) would be that both of those teams would be in the West for football and Indiana would switch from West to East.  That would also balance out the divisions a little better.

Indiana is in the East. You may be thinking of Purdue.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas?   Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 10:49 am

Purdue would make sense.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas?   Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 11:25 am

Anybody else see where the BT is in a discussion about doing away with the divisions? I saw this somewhere and now I cannot find it. IMO that would be great as the west seems to be the weak division and I don't think NW was the #2 team in the BT this year.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas?   Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 2:59 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Anybody else see where the BT is in a discussion about doing away with the divisions? I saw this somewhere and now I cannot find it. IMO that would be great as the west seems to be the weak division and I don't think NW was the #2 team in the BT this year.

I saw an article that stated that Delaney was open to it. But he is a jackwad, so who knows.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas?   Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 3:47 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Bo 2.0 wrote:
My uneducated guess if Ok. and Tx. join the B1G (notice I said IF) would be that both of those teams would be in the West for football and Indiana would switch from West to East.  That would also balance out the divisions a little better.

Indiana is in the East.  You may be thinking of Purdue.

Sorry, sparty moment.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas?   Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 3:49 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:

I heard that as well.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/12/06/jim-delany-big-ten-divisions-realignment-playoff

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas?   Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is the B1G pursuing OU and Texas?
Page 1 of 1