Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MSU

Go down 
+3
dwoody
wshoes
the artist formally known
7 posters
AuthorMessage

MSU Empty
PostSubject: MSU   MSU EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 9:16 pm

going to just pound the ball down inside on us, game won't even be close, course we may have 3 loses by then so iy wont matter. Michigan better find their shot pretty quick or this season will get away from them.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

MSU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSU   MSU EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 10:19 pm

Mich State has been launching a ton of 3s for years now.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

MSU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSU   MSU EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 11:57 pm

I give zero fucks about msu right now. Tough games coming up, especially Indiana, especially if they lose tonight. They have us at home, we usually suck there, and they are due.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

MSU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSU   MSU EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 9:29 am

dwoody wrote:
I give zero fucks about msu right now. Tough games coming up, especially Indiana, especially if they lose tonight. They have us at home, we usually suck there, and they are due.

True- haven't we already had our one win at IU for this decade?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

MSU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSU   MSU EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 10:04 am

Sparty has it going now. I'm worried about that game.

This game at IU on Friday was my pick for the first loss of the season. Well, it could be the second. IU has lost 5 in a row, one at home, but they were all KenPom A games. They are not a bad team.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

MSU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSU   MSU EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 12:17 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Sparty has it going now.  I'm worried about that game.  

This game at IU on Friday was my pick for the first loss of the season.  Well, it could be the second.  IU has lost 5 in a row, one at home, but they were all KenPom A games.  They are not a bad team.

And they have their starting point guard back who didn't play at Crisler. On the other hand another player may or may not still be suspended.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

MSU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSU   MSU EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 1:33 pm

dwoody wrote:

I agree with woody. I don't care if they win the rest of their games. Except against us.

MSU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSU   MSU EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 10:23 pm

Right now MSU is playing by far the best hoops in the
BIG and maybe the US. Iowa was on a roll and MSU stomped them at their gym. UM needs to wake up and start playing as it did early in the season or they'll have 3-4 losses by the time they play MSU.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

MSU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSU   MSU EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 11:50 am

flabluefan1 wrote:
Right now MSU is playing by far the best hoops in the
BIG and maybe the US.  Iowa was on a roll and MSU stomped them at their gym. UM needs to wake up and start playing as it did early in the season or they'll have 3-4 losses by the time they play MSU.  

True and I really think that everyone else is playing for second place in the Big Ten. By my way of thinking, we are not just one game behind MSU (or 1 1/2) but really 3 games behind because they have 5 road wins to our 2, and our 2 are the least impressive that they could be. MSU's wins at Nebraska (breaking a 20 game home streak) and last night at Iowa, were most impressive.
Back to top Go down
michmike

MSU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSU   MSU EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 1:15 pm

\"wshoes wrote:

True and I really think that everyone else is playing for second place in the Big Ten. By my way of thinking, we are not just one game behind MSU (or 1 1/2) but really 3 games behind because they have 5 road wins to our 2, and our 2 are the least impressive that they could be. MSU's wins at Nebraska (breaking a 20 game home streak) and last night at Iowa, were most impressive.

I'm not quite that far sold, 'Shoes. MSU is indeed playing the best basketball in the conference NOW, but I'll buy into this "B1G = MSU and the rest of the conference" hogwash AFTER I see them beat US...particularly in our venue.  Isn't your and FBF1's evaluation of them vs. us exactly what we heard LAST SEASON, before we went into Breslin and pounded them, then duplicated it in the B1G tourney?

Back to top Go down
flabluefan1

MSU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSU   MSU EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 2:23 pm

If we play like we did at the beginning of the season we'll beat them. Teams have started to figure us out though. They're taking away the pick and roll and packing it in to stop Iggy and Mathews and Z from driving. Teske is trying to take up the slack but he can't do it alone. Need to start hitting the threes which were there v Minny and we simply missed them. Also have to finish at the hoop. Too many missed layups. Last year Mo was able to take it outside v Ward and then take him off the dribble once in spectacular fashion. Teske may be able to hit some outside shots but he's not going to go behind his back and drive it to the hoop likeMo could. Not saying we can't beat MSU twice, but we need to get the O going again.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

MSU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSU   MSU EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 6:06 pm

I'm just saying we can beat them twice and I still think they win the regular season. I think we have the best chance because Z can possibly lock down Cassius Winston, which he did last season. I don't see any other team with a guy that can do that and Winston is the key to their team.

I think we lose 4-6 games and they won't lose more than 2-3.
Back to top Go down
michmike

MSU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSU   MSU EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 9:01 am

wshoes wrote:
I'm just saying we can beat them twice and I still think they win the regular season. I think we have the best chance because Z can possibly lock down Cassius Winston, which he did last season. I don't see any other team with a guy that can do that and Winston is the key to their team.

I think we lose 4-6 games and they won't lose more than 2-3.

Your arithmetic is really unclear there, Shooz, because MSU has lost two ALREADY. If we beat them twice, as you concede we could, there's FOUR losses right there.
They'll have to SWEEP us (and everyone else remaining) for the lower end of your prediction to hold true. I don't see that happening.

Also, if we do sweep them, but still lose "4-6", who ELSE is going to account for the other "3-5" we'd have to lose?  I absolutely CANNOT see our lone conqueror to-date,
Bucky, taking us in the rematch at Crisler.  

Then again, we have several roadies left...and I must concur with you, FBF and everyone else---road wins in the B1G can NEVER be taken for granted. I'll concede we
could lose FOUR all told, but not six.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

MSU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSU   MSU EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 10:29 am

Mike I was referring to in conference, where they are undefeated. As for us, I can't pinpoint which games, because they are all tough, I just think we lose 4-6. I would be delighted with 16-4, fairly happy with 15-5 and a bit disappointed with 14-6.

We did win at Indiana after my original post so that is one concern out of the way.
Back to top Go down
michmike

MSU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSU   MSU EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 11:14 am

Thanks for the clarification, Shooz. Subtracting a loss from each of your "categories" above would be my expression of each one (17-3,16-4,15-5, REALLY disappointed with 14-6 or worse).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MSU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSU   MSU Empty

Back to top Go down

MSU
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Michigan Basketball Forum-
Jump to: