Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Three Reasons Not to Panic

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Three Reasons Not to Panic Empty
PostSubject: Three Reasons Not to Panic   Three Reasons Not to Panic EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Well it was a tough end to the B1G Tourney. Let's face it Saturday was U-G-L-Y!!! Here are three reasons to remain optimistic for the NCAA Tourney:

1. OSU was a real wake up call. Michigan still riding high off of the sharing the conference title needed to be brought back to earth. Mission accomplished.
2. I have heard at least a dozen times that Beilien's teams are tough to prepare for. In the B1G Tourney it was the third time OSU and Michigan played each other. Not too hard to game plan for the third meeting. The NCAA tourney will only give teams about 2 days to prep. Much harder to do.
3. Saturday was a perfect storm. No one played well. Burke had his worst game of the season and the rest of the team went right off the cliff with him. I can't imagine them all being that out of sync again. I look for Burke to bounce back.

Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Three Reasons Not to Panic   Three Reasons Not to Panic EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:16 am

I like the fact you cover BOTH sides of the glass, half empty AND half full!!
I hereby choose to respond to your half-FULL post.

To be honest, from what I saw in the game with Minny, our team was really lacking energy for about the first 30 minutes. The Gophers were out-hustling and plain out-toughing us. We came on late, and before it was too late, but the same lack of hustle and grit killed us versus a much-more talented (than Minny) OSU team. Not sure why, but the energy level seemed way down...both days.

While all your points have some validity, the one I'm most sold on is No.1 above: sometimes there's nothing a team, athlete (or human being involved in ANY field of endeavor) needs more than a good, solid, humbling, humiliating, welcome-to-planet-Earth KICK IN THE ASS.

(And our hated rival down south generously administered the medicine...)

I'll offer my more, ahem, analytic two cents (re: our upcoming game/games) later in the week. One thing I definitely want to throw out there now, though: ONE FREAKING GAME AT A TIME!!! TEMPLE BE DAMNED!
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Three Reasons Not to Panic   Three Reasons Not to Panic EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:32 am

michmike wrote:

To be honest, from what I saw in the game with Minny, our team was really lacking energy for about the first 30 minutes. The Gophers were out-hustling and plain out-toughing us. We came on late, and before it was too late, but the same lack of hustle and grit killed us versus a much-more talented (than Minny) OSU team. Not sure why, but the energy level seemed way down...both days.

I am very concerned about fatigue setting in. Burke has certainly been the star this season and he is a true freshmen. Michigan is entering game 34 of the season on Friday. I am not up on the schedule of HS basketball but my sense is that 34 games far exceeds what players go through in a HS season. Factor in that Trey plays a ton of minutes. Hell he even saw playing time after committing two fouls in the first half which is unheard of with Coach B. In some ways I am glad Michigan was bounced from the B1G tourney. I hope they can rest up and come out with more energy against Ohio.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three Reasons Not to Panic   Three Reasons Not to Panic Empty

Back to top Go down

Three Reasons Not to Panic
Page 1 of 1