Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One positive note

Go down 
+3
MGOBLUEBC
wshoes
the artist formally known
7 posters
AuthorMessage

One positive note Empty
PostSubject: One positive note   One positive note EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 12:04 pm

The whole team will be back next year. I can't see anyone going to the NBA. They all are just average to good basketball players. I for one are a little disappointed in Mathews, He is Jyckle and Hyde. against average to poor team he lights it up for double digits, but when he goes aainst better to great teams he totally did appears. It was a good move to transfer from Kentucky he would have never got off the bench.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

One positive note Empty
PostSubject: Re: One positive note   One positive note EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 12:25 pm

Except for senior Mathews. I agree though, next year should be a very strong team.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

One positive note Empty
PostSubject: Re: One positive note   One positive note EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 1:11 pm

Is it just me or does it seem like we always lose when Mathews has his head up his ass? I swear.............

And I agree, he's played like Jekyl and Hyde since he's been at Michigan.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

One positive note Empty
PostSubject: Re: One positive note   One positive note EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 4:21 pm

He did roll his ankle in the first half Saturday, for a guy like him that's probably even a bigger deal than the average player.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

One positive note Empty
PostSubject: Re: One positive note   One positive note EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 10:26 am

That is true, shoes and I'll give him that. We definitely could have used him 'full health' on that game Sunday. Maybe that would have made the difference in the outcome of the game, who knows. But basically, I was referring to the season as a whole about Mathews.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

One positive note Empty
PostSubject: Re: One positive note   One positive note EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 12:40 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
That is true, shoes and I'll give him that. We definitely could have used him 'full health' on that game Sunday. Maybe that would have made the difference in the outcome of the game, who knows. But basically, I was referring to the season as a whole about Mathews.

I agree he has been particularly hot and cold on offense. On defense though he has been stellar pretty much every game.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

One positive note Empty
PostSubject: Re: One positive note   One positive note EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 4:43 pm

"On defense though he has been stellar pretty much every game".

Oh, no doubt.

I just wish we could find some help for our O as it needs it. And, it's not just Mathews, some others have had 'lights on but nobody's home' games on O. Oh well, I'll keep reminding myself we lost 3 of our best 3 point shooters from last year and that we're probably doing better than we should be doing considering...

GO BLUE!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

One positive note Empty
PostSubject: Re: One positive note   One positive note EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 5:25 pm

wshoes wrote:
Except for senior Mathews. I agree though, next year should be a very strong team.

Matthews is a RS Jr because of his transfer year, but he has already said that he isn't coming back and wants to play professionally somewhere. He's ready to get on with his post college life.
Back to top Go down

One positive note Empty
PostSubject: Re: One positive note   One positive note EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 1:00 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
wshoes wrote:

Matthews is a RS Jr because of his transfer year, but he has already said that he isn't coming back and wants to play professionally somewhere.  He's ready to get on with his post college life.

hello Europe unless he wants to be a "D" league player. he has some talent but he not a starting player in the NBA.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

One positive note Empty
PostSubject: Re: One positive note   One positive note EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 1:12 pm

You may be right but I didn't think GR3 would stick in the NBA either and he's still there and Mathews is a much better defender.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

One positive note Empty
PostSubject: Re: One positive note   One positive note EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 8:20 am

the artist formally known wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
wshoes wrote:

Matthews is a RS Jr because of his transfer year, but he has already said that he isn't coming back and wants to play professionally somewhere.  He's ready to get on with his post college life.

hello Europe unless he wants to be a "D" league player. he has some talent but he not a starting player in the NBA.

So what's wrong with playing in Europe? He will make a lot of money doing something he loves and not having a boring day job.

It's the right move for him to leave. Why do we, as fans, feel like it is our responsibility to tell these young men when we think it is right for them to leave?
Back to top Go down

One positive note Empty
PostSubject: Re: One positive note   One positive note EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 2:28 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
wshoes wrote:

So what's wrong with playing in Europe?  He will make a lot of money doing something he loves and not having a boring day job.  

It's the right move for him to leave.  Why do we, as fans, feel like it is our responsibility to tell these young men when we think it is right for them to leave?

As far as I am concerned he can live when ever the hell he wants. He will probably graduate. Just saying he has lapses in his game he needs to work on, and I feel not currently ready for the NBA. In fact it would probably be better to go to the "G" league, where he wouldn't dominate and could work daily on his weakness

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

One positive note Empty
PostSubject: Re: One positive note   One positive note EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 7:30 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
wshoes wrote:

So what's wrong with playing in Europe?  He will make a lot of money doing something he loves and not having a boring day job.  

It's the right move for him to leave.  Why do we, as fans, feel like it is our responsibility to tell these young men when we think it is right for them to leave?

OMG I agree with 'fish on something. It isn't our decision to make.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

One positive note Empty
PostSubject: Re: One positive note   One positive note EmptyFri Mar 01, 2019 10:28 am

I knew of someone who played at PSU in the mid 90's. He went and played in Europe and made $1,000,000 a year which was decent in those days. The kickers were that the team paid for his house and the country he played in had no income taxes.

So he was basically walking away with a mil each year.

He played there 6 years and invested and ended up buying a golf course.

Also has a degree from PSU which, all hatred aside for their molesters, is really a very good academic school.

dwoody

One positive note Empty
PostSubject: Re: One positive note   One positive note EmptyFri Mar 01, 2019 11:26 am

Just an fyi, Joe, $1 mill per is still decent money, especially for a 20-something fresh out of school!
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

One positive note Empty
PostSubject: Re: One positive note   One positive note EmptyFri Mar 01, 2019 12:31 pm

I'd take it even if I had to pay taxes! lol

MGOBLUEBC

One positive note Empty
PostSubject: Re: One positive note   One positive note EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 12:43 pm

joe wrote:
I'd take it even if I had to pay taxes! lol

+1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One positive note Empty
PostSubject: Re: One positive note   One positive note Empty

Back to top Go down

One positive note
Page 1 of 1