Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Basketballs vary?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Basketballs vary? Empty
PostSubject: Basketballs vary?   Basketballs vary? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 4:56 pm

Hmmmm, I did not know this:

https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Article/Did-ball-variance-lead-to-Michigan-basketballs-shooting-woes-at-Maryland-Its-possible-129730498/?utm_source=247Sports+Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=190305_112725_Michigan+Wolverines&utm_content=Link&liveconnect=65-C7-60-E7-17-2A-A3-84-08-0B-57-9F-6D-28-8B-9C190305_112725MichiganWolverines&fbclid=IwAR3wMmncDTcJKfyN3u7hICBdOIt-qfuJ9lD7gNU8a0JUrUaGRVht0mRA3oI
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Basketballs vary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basketballs vary?   Basketballs vary? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 11:57 am

I read that as well. I knew each school used a different brand based on their shoe contract company, but I didn't realize they could be that big of a difference between balls. They don't even have to be leather. Crazy.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Basketballs vary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basketballs vary?   Basketballs vary? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 12:26 pm

Agree, fish. I'm guessing it's not a big deal but still, it has got to be a disadvantage to the away team and in a 1 point game that could mean a difference. One would think (at least I did) that all the basketballs were the same size/material no matter who made them.

it didn't say but I'm wondering do they use the exact same ball in the big dance?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Basketballs vary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basketballs vary?   Basketballs vary? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 12:47 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Agree, fish. I'm guessing it's not a big deal but still, it has got to be a disadvantage to the away team and in a 1 point game that could mean a difference. One would think (at least I did) that all the basketballs were the same size/material no matter who made them.

it didn't say but I'm wondering do they use the exact same ball in the big dance?

They only use Wilson in the tourney: "Most teams use Wilson (the brand used in the NCAA Tournament) or Nike, and the variances are usually small."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Basketballs vary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basketballs vary?   Basketballs vary? Empty

Back to top Go down

Basketballs vary?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Michigan Basketball Forum-
Jump to: