Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU?

Go down 
+3
ThatGuy
wshoes
MGOBLUEBC
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU? Empty
PostSubject: Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU?   Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 2:23 pm

https://thebiglead.com/2019/03/07/michigan-michigan-state-basketball-is-a-better-rivalry-than-michigan-ohio-state-football/?_branch_match_id=632339450943351077&fbclid=IwAR1aFIo9f7JFCS2vcyX-8M2WsSCni3slfxeZO1u95anX3VrdHVFDnUmpFSk

Ok everyone..........do you agree with this guy? I'm not sure how I feel anymore. 15 years ago I would have said OSU in football hands down, but, now I could hate Sparty in BB just as bad. I guess it's because we've lost to the Suckeyes in football too many times here lately, for me "The Game" has lost some of its luster.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU?   Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 2:43 pm

Historically no but now, I think MSU-Mich is a bigger, better rivalry. I want us to restore the rivalry with OSU in football but we have to win more.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU?   Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 3:08 pm

wshoes wrote:
Historically no but now, I think MSU-Mich is a bigger, better rivalry. I want us to restore the rivalry with OSU in football but we have to win more.

Yeah, I agree 100% on the football side. We need to do that ASAP. I'm still not sure if the Sparty/M rivalry is better to me, maybe because when I was a kid I used to be a big Sparty fan so it's harder for me to hate on them as much. (That was before I came to my senses!! Embarassed)
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU?   Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 11:37 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
wshoes wrote:

Yeah, I agree 100% on the football side. We need to do that ASAP. I'm still not sure if the Sparty/M rivalry is better to me, maybe because when I was a kid I used to be a big Sparty fan so it's harder for me to hate on them as much. (That was before I came to my senses!! Embarassed)

How could you admit that?????

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
flabluefan1

PostSubject: Agree with Shoes   Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 6:27 pm

UM-MSU in hoops is a fairly recent rivalry. Over the years with some exceptions it seemed that either UM or MSU would have the good team and the other would be mediocre. So for maybe the past 5-10 years UM-MSU in hoops has been a good rivalry. UM-OSU in football has also had its periods when one team was up and the other down, but even over the past 5-10 years which OSU has dominated in the W-L column there have been some great games and great matchups between highly ranked teams.

To me its no contest. UM-OSU in football is one of the great rivalries in all of sports and arguably the greatest rivalry in college football. UM-MSU is clearly behind Duke-NC in hoops and perhaps others.

The article is typical of a writer on a slow day trying to create controversy.
Back to top Go down
flabluefan1

PostSubject: Oops totally forgot    Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 6:34 pm

To mention that the guy who wrote the article is an MSU grad. I don't think anyone will dispute that to MSU and its fans UM is their biggest rival in any sport from hoops to tiddlywinks. Right now MSU is UM's biggest rival in hoops but in pretty much every other sport OSU is the bigger rival in the minds of UM fans.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU?   Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 8:40 pm

Michigan/ohio

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU?   Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 9:18 pm

I hear you that Michigan-o$u is intense. It is. There is absolutely no question in my mind. However Michigan-sparty is also huge, in everything. I don't really know what I'm trying to accomplish by saying this but ask any former player, the sparty game was harder hitting (in football). Also the Michigan-sparty rivalry in hockey is huge. I know that I've posted clips before where that is evident but when you have a parent (Steve Kamphers Dad) try and break into the sparty locker room to confront the sparty goons that slashed his son you've got a rivalry.

Take this with a grain of salt. Strictly talking about "basketball" Duke-NC is bigger than Michigan-sparty,

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU?   Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2019 7:17 am

UM-OSU is no longer a rivalry in football. I wish it was. You have to win some to make it a rivalry. It's been an embarrassment for a long time now.

UM-MSU in basketball is becoming a great rivalry. I enjoy watching it, because either team can win.

GO BLUE!
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU?   Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2019 9:20 pm

Mich/ MSU recently has been more only because I have a number of friends who have come out of the shadows. They used to not say anything but since Michigan recent lack of authority they've let me know. So that being said and as annoying as it is I say Sharty has become more of a issue.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU?   Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU? EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 12:39 am

the artist formally known wrote:
Mich/ MSU recently has been more only because I have a number of friends who have come out of the shadows. They used to not say anything but since Michigan recent lack of authority they've let me know. So that being said and as annoying as it is I say Sharty has become more of a issue.

I've always thought that. Of course I grew up almost exactly at the halfway point between A2 and east landfill so the angst is larger there. Granted I didn't care growing up but after I went to Michigan I saw the sparty inferiority.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU?   Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best rivalry? UM/MSU or UM/OSU?
Page 1 of 1