Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So UM gets another shot at Iowa

Go down 
+3
MGOBLUEBC
wshoes
fishgoblue22
7 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

So UM gets another shot at Iowa Empty
PostSubject: So UM gets another shot at Iowa   So UM gets another shot at Iowa EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 8:41 am

Of course it will be almost tomorrow by the time the game is over. GO BLUE and whoop that Iowa ass.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: So UM gets another shot at Iowa   So UM gets another shot at Iowa EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 8:47 am

Need to attack the basket when we beat their 3/4 court press and not start the regular offense with only 10 seconds on the clock. Need to solve their zone and we need to be up on Bohannon, Weiskamp and their other 3 point shooter.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: So UM gets another shot at Iowa   So UM gets another shot at Iowa EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 10:38 am

And Teske needs to do a better job with Garza who dominated him in the last game scoring pretty easily at the hoop. I just hope Teske stays out of foul trouble in the process.

And yes, their 3 pt shooters worries me and the fact they beat Ill. by 21 last night doesn't help.

Going to be a tough game for us.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: So UM gets another shot at Iowa   So UM gets another shot at Iowa EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 11:03 am

I think you are going to see Teske on Cook and Brazdeikis on Garza. Garza is more mobile than Cook and can take Teske away from the basket. Cook is more of a post player.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: So UM gets another shot at Iowa   So UM gets another shot at Iowa EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 11:20 am

Last time around they called some questionable fouls on Teske which hurt his defense.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: So UM gets another shot at Iowa   So UM gets another shot at Iowa EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 11:22 am

Don't feel good about this game at all.

Think we're going to lose tonight.

joe

PostSubject: Re: So UM gets another shot at Iowa   So UM gets another shot at Iowa EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 11:30 am

With that being said I do not gamble because I'm hardly ever right.

GoBlue!

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: So UM gets another shot at Iowa   So UM gets another shot at Iowa EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 12:17 pm

wshoes wrote:
Last time around they called some questionable fouls on Teske which hurt his defense.

True. Well, let's hope the refs for once give us a break away from AA............. All four of our road losses we've been in foul trouble. And, I hope we don't get that asshole from Minnesota as a ref.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: So UM gets another shot at Iowa   So UM gets another shot at Iowa EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 12:22 pm

Do we know if CM is going to play?
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: So UM gets another shot at Iowa   So UM gets another shot at Iowa EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 1:07 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Do we know if CM is going to play?
No word per freep report this a.m. "...if Matthews plays..."

I never bet on Michigan because the losses are upsetting alone, and don't want them also costing me money!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: So UM gets another shot at Iowa   So UM gets another shot at Iowa EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 1:13 pm

JB has never lost a B1G Tourney opener. Kiss of death.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: So UM gets another shot at Iowa   So UM gets another shot at Iowa EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 11:27 pm

Michigan played a great defensive game. Held Iowa to very few 3 point shots. and the press didn't bother Michigan much as they looked like they were ready for it. Michigan did get in some foul trouble, but they found this guy wearing number 4 his name was Livers. and wow was he a good part of the game

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: So UM gets another shot at Iowa   So UM gets another shot at Iowa EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 11:46 pm

Hard to beat a decent team x3 per season, but Minny is ailing and we are not. I'm alright with Matthews tonight. He helps on d, no matter what else is going on.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: So UM gets another shot at Iowa   So UM gets another shot at Iowa EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 7:02 am

dwoody wrote:
Hard to beat a decent team x3 per season, but Minny is ailing and we are not. I'm alright with Matthews tonight. He helps on d, no matter what else is going on.

You can TYPE that (last part) again, Woody. Not to make myself look good, but check my reply to Artist in his "MSU vs UM" thread. Only MORONS feel we are a better (or as good of a) team without Charles. Iowa goes from 12-23 to 1-16 deep in 25 hours!! (Same court/building/hoops, too).
[And let me add, I DID gulp a deep breath when I saw him fall backwards oddly on one foot after missing the three at the end of the first half...fortunately, he seems OK].

I'm also with you on the beating-a-decent-team-3X part. Minny will have that "working" for them today...as we will tomorrow, should both of the B1G's best teams win today. My best-recollected (and sweetest) example of your rationale was the 1992 NCAA tourney, the Fab Five's frosh year, when the Jim Jackson-Lawrence Funderburke Buckeyes (yeah, them!) 'double-digited' us twice during the season, only to see their NCAA run ended by us in OT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So UM gets another shot at Iowa   So UM gets another shot at Iowa EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 3:10 pm

ou can TYPE that (last part) again, Woody. Not to make myself look good, but check my reply to Artist in his "MSU vs UM" thread. Only MORONS feel we are a better (or as good of a) team without Charles. Iowa goes from 12-23 to 1-16 deep in 25 hours!! (Same court/building/hoops, too).
[And let me add, I DID gulp a deep breath when I saw him fall backwards oddly on one foot after missing the three at the end of the first half...fortunately, he seems OK].

Not to beat a dead horse, but I believe it was more about his play in that game and other where he has just dis appeared. Charles is a nice player not great. I believe I was also stated his impact as a NBA player at the time.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: So UM gets another shot at Iowa   So UM gets another shot at Iowa EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 6:55 pm

Mathews is a great defensive player. I'd like to see him take a few turns with Winston tomorrow to give Z a break.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: So UM gets another shot at Iowa   So UM gets another shot at Iowa EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 7:47 am

This tournament has shown how important Livers is as the 6th man and how important Matthews defense is. Livers moves effortlessly between 4 positions. Or as coach Beilein likes to say "positionless basketball".
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: So UM gets another shot at Iowa   So UM gets another shot at Iowa EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 8:03 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
This tournament has shown how important Livers is as the 6th man and how important Matthews defense is.  Livers moves effortlessly between 4 positions.  Or as coach Beilein likes to say "positionless basketball".

Yet another spot-on quote from our great coach. But my favorite (he said it after our whipping of Iowa): "By doing UN-remarkable [little] things correctly---you make yourself a remarkable TEAM."

Underlying lesson, I'm sure JB would agree: "Keep your 5* one-and-doners, I'll take my "good" players who want to play, and make them a 5* team."
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: So UM gets another shot at Iowa   So UM gets another shot at Iowa EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 8:30 am

michmike wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
This tournament has shown how important Livers is as the 6th man and how important Matthews defense is.  Livers moves effortlessly between 4 positions.  Or as coach Beilein likes to say "positionless basketball".

Yet another spot-on quote from our great coach.  But my favorite (he said it after our whipping of Iowa):  "By doing UN-remarkable [little] things correctly---you make yourself a remarkable TEAM."

Underlying lesson, I'm sure JB would agree: "Keep your 5* one-and-doners, I'll take my "good" players who want to play, and make them a 5* team."

Right on Mike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So UM gets another shot at Iowa   So UM gets another shot at Iowa Empty

Back to top Go down

So UM gets another shot at Iowa
Page 1 of 1