Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello Franz Wagner!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Hello Franz Wagner! Empty
PostSubject: Hello Franz Wagner!   Hello Franz Wagner! EmptySat Jul 06, 2019 10:24 pm

That is fucking awesome!

https://mgoblue.com/news/2019/7/6/mens-basketball-german-guard-franz-wagner-signs-will-join-wolverines-this-fall.aspx

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Hello Franz Wagner!   Hello Franz Wagner! EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 2:07 am

I wonder if Mo was any help, and what this says about confidence in Juwan's coaching potential.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Hello Franz Wagner!   Hello Franz Wagner! EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 8:56 am

My sense was that both Mo and Mama Wagner were strongly encouraging the decision to come to Michigan. I think this is huge- he has to prove it but from what I can determine he should be a significant boost at a position of dire need- i.e. shooting and that he is much further along in his game than Mo was at a similar age.

An added bonus is that with the NCAA going to the international 3 point line this season, Franz is already accustomed to it.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Hello Franz Wagner!   Hello Franz Wagner! EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 2:15 pm

Gotta say I expected a little more discussion on this subject.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Hello Franz Wagner!   Hello Franz Wagner! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 12:19 am

July...football brains. I get it, but agree, Joe.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Hello Franz Wagner!   Hello Franz Wagner! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 2:22 pm

Except there's nothing on the football portion either.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hello Franz Wagner!   Hello Franz Wagner! EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 1:20 pm

wshoes wrote:
My sense was that both Mo and Mama Wagner were strongly encouraging the decision to come to Michigan. I think this is huge- he has to prove it but from what I can determine he should be a significant boost at a position of dire need- i.e. shooting and that he is much further along in his game than Mo was at a similar age.

An added bonus is that with the NCAA going to the international 3 point line this season, Franz is already accustomed to it.

shoes I agree that his shooting definitely looks to be further along than Mo's but IMO you have to take into consideration his position. You are 100% correct about UM needing shooters. I just don't see that Franz's game is further along than Mo's even given his ProB experience. I'd say they are probably about the same. Remember Mo also played for Alba Berlin although he didn't win best the league's best player award like Franz did so there is that.

PostSubject: Re: Hello Franz Wagner!   Hello Franz Wagner! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello Franz Wagner!
Page 1 of 1