Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UM's toughest games?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

UM's toughest games? Empty
PostSubject: UM's toughest games?   UM's toughest games? EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 6:47 pm

https://michigan.rivals.com/news/michigan-wolverines-football-top-analysts-talk-josh-gattis-offense-copy-8924-copy-2599-copy-1373

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: UM's toughest games?   UM's toughest games? EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 7:16 am

Kind of a moot point, actually. We ALL know what our TOUGHEST game, home or away, will be. And even if they prove (by that time) to be less than the most talented, or BEST, team we face this year, given their turnover**, our MENTAL OBSTACLE will still have to be overcome.

**-at both the most important position ON the field, and the most important OFF the field.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: UM's toughest games?   UM's toughest games? EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 11:20 pm

Yes we always know the biggest game of the year, but what about after that? The sparty game always concerns me, always has regardless of team quality. It has always been, and always will be spartys superbowl. The notre dame game won't be easy but I'm not too concerned with it. The Wiscy game has my attention. The Penn State game has my concern level elevated. The Indiana game "could" be difficult. I don't wanna call it a trap game (Army is the definition of a trap game but as previously discussed we shouldn't have an issue) but Indiana is sandwiched in-between sparty and bucknut. Truthfully I don't know much about IU but it just seems like a uniquely challenging game based on where it is on the schedule.

I'm also not sold on ohio being worse this year because the liar is gone. It won't be easy.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: UM's toughest games?   UM's toughest games? EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 8:32 am

OK, Bo, you have a good subject for discussion here, so I'll augment my prior post.  Aside from MidTenn, Army, Rutgers and Illinois, I think ALL of the other eight could be at least "somewhat" tough, define that as you will. My ranking, toughest first:

1-OSU (no explanation necessary...though with Haskins as well as liar gone, I DO think they slip a bit)
2-Iowa (Strong defense, QB Stanley back, Ferentz coaching...though (happily) no Fant or his sidekick)
3-MSU (Your points say it all...and both our last 2 HOME games have been losses, albeit freaky)
4-ND (I'm just not sold on them...esp. not on their returning defense. Rarely beat us at the 'House)
5-PSU (Minus McSorley, what do they really have?  Franklin's NEVER put together a DOMINANT team)
6-Wiscy (New QB, lost 4/5 of OL...just the opposite of us up front).
7-Maryland (We go to their place, where they SHOULD have beaten OSU last year)
8-Indiana (To a man I'm convinced it was they who exposed our lack of crossing-route coverage last year, which OSU wisely took note of. Hopefully, Brown's fixed that to a large extent).
Back to top Go down
NCHawk

NCHawk

PostSubject: Re: UM's toughest games?   UM's toughest games? EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 10:25 pm

Interesting to look back on October 1st and think about the preseason presumptions.  I too was led to believe that Wisconsin would be off this year. I was pissed off at every blogger/podcaster/writer to set me up to think Iowa was going to cruise to the B1G West champioinship.  So far they look pretty solid. Maybe the game against northwestern was a let down. Or maybe the UM-Wisconsin game was an freak aberration like when Iowa destroyed OSU 2 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UM's toughest games?   UM's toughest games? Empty

Back to top Go down

UM's toughest games?
Page 1 of 1