Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Running Back Situation (OPINION)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Michigan_Fan

Michigan_Fan

Running Back Situation (OPINION) Empty
PostSubject: Running Back Situation (OPINION)   Running Back Situation (OPINION) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:28 pm

Opinion piece by Tremendous:

http://thisismichiganfootball.blogspot.com/

Looks like we may have a RB by the end of the week... but will it be Smith or Isaac?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Running Back Situation (OPINION)   Running Back Situation (OPINION) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:36 pm

Hopefully by the end it's both!

(I'm selfish)

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Running Back Situation (OPINION)   Running Back Situation (OPINION) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:45 pm

After reading the opine....

If anybody is going to feel 'forced' (bad word) to commit before the other, it's gotta be Smith. His sheet isn't nearly as stacked, and you know damn well he's checked out Isaac's highlight reels.

If Smith commits, I think Ty is a goner. I won't go as far as Trem and say it's because of TWO RB's already (because I think Shallman ends up being our next Aaron Shea - FB/TE/do-it-all badass), but as Trem does say, he can go pretty much anywhere he wants.

I don't know how this thing is going to shake out...but it's got me nervous, and I need answers soon.

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Running Back Situation (OPINION)   Running Back Situation (OPINION) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:00 pm

Just read this opinion on another forum:

If Hoke can land one top tier RB in this class I would prefer Deveon Smith over Ty Isaac. Smith seems to be a more natural rb, plays against tougher HS competition, and his film reminds me of Trent Richardson the way he makes contact and keeps going. Isaac seems to me like an extremely athletic kid who dominates lesser competition. He is listed at 6'2/6'3 220 on most sites and seems to be better suited at WR at the next level. From his film he doesn't seem to be very aggressive and seems to rely on a great change of direction when running the ball while seemingly shying away from contact. Just my thoughts, what do you all think?

Guy has a well-rounded opinion, whether you agree or not.

ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Running Back Situation (OPINION)   Running Back Situation (OPINION) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:30 pm

Point-taken but do you really want a guy who looks fopr contact at this level? I don't see that ending up well. Pretty sure that he won't be able to break many tackles in the B1G plus searching for contact will undoubtedly resut in turn-overs.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running Back Situation (OPINION)   Running Back Situation (OPINION) Empty

Back to top Go down

Running Back Situation (OPINION)
Page 1 of 1