Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Article on Coach B

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Article on Coach B Empty
PostSubject: Article on Coach B   Article on Coach B EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 2:50 pm

Pretty good article talking about Coach B's history of incremental improvements. He has an impressive first round record but is unproven at deep tourney runs. Cause for concern?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/17774591/michigans-baby-steps-starting-to-add-up
Back to top Go down
michmike

Article on Coach B Empty
PostSubject: Re: Article on Coach B   Article on Coach B EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 8:01 am

The situation reeks, at least to these clogged nostrils, at least somewhat of BILL FREIDER'S tenure. He brought in talent galore, and won at least shares of Big Ten titles by his 4th season (1985)...but could never get it done in the NCAA tournament.

I have NEVER encountered a person, with a modicum of knowledge of Michigan basketball, who disagreed to any extent with me when I said there was NO WAY, even with the country's most raw-talented team (Rice, Mills, Rumeal, Vaught, Higgins...), we win the 1989 crown had Frieder, not Steve Fisher, been our head coach in the 1989 tourney.

That said, John Beilien is NOT Bill Frieder. Different court mentalities, different personalities. As many on this board have pointed out, when you compare our raw talent to OSU's or MSU's, we clearly overachieved during the regular season. And certainly some of that credit goes to JB. But we clearly underachieved in the game Friday. So I guess some parallel to Frieder's NCAA "record" is inevitable.

It will be more telling next season when JB finally gets his legit. (so the clippings say) big man in the middle. And assuming Trey and Junior both return (and after Friday's showings I'm thinking both will), we will have all the components of a tourney-ready team.
Back to top Go down

Article on Coach B
Page 1 of 1