Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

JEEZUS! We ALL (if not in So.Cal.) ought to be thankful...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

JEEZUS!  We ALL (if not in So.Cal.) ought to be thankful... Empty
PostSubject: JEEZUS! We ALL (if not in So.Cal.) ought to be thankful...   JEEZUS!  We ALL (if not in So.Cal.) ought to be thankful... EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 3:50 pm

Thought I'd start this new thread, as it was likely I who turned Woody's harmless comment on the cancellation of sports POLITICAL with my first response.  But someone asked 'Eggo if he lived in So.California (which he corrected to G.Rapids),  "Where things are really bad, huh?"  

How about S.Cal?  One of my best friends and business partners lives in Encino (upscale LA 'burb).  When I asked him, HERE is his reply:

"Hi, Mike –

Yes, we’re hunkering down here with the Covid situation.  The fire department has asked the no one call 911 unless it’s an absolute emergency.  Ambulances are waiting approximately 17 hours in line at the hospitals, waiting for a bed to open up so that the patient can be removed from the ambulance.  Many do not make it.  And it ties up the ambulance for the whole day.  The fire department has announced that if you die, they will make one attempt to revive you.  If they can’t, you will not be taken to a hospital, they will just leave you at home or wherever you are.  It takes approximately three weeks wait for a funeral home to take you because they are so backlogged.  And that time is getting longer.  It’s a mess so we’re staying away from everyone and everything.  Many, many of my friends are sick with Covid-19 but most are at home.  However, the husband of <wife's name>'s weekend caregiver got it and died a week ago Tuesday.  So very sad.  Haven’t seen the kids or grandkids either."

See what I meant in the subject line????
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: JEEZUS! We ALL (if not in So.Cal.) ought to be thankful...   JEEZUS!  We ALL (if not in So.Cal.) ought to be thankful... EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 5:58 pm

My family in So Cal have hunkered down as well. We talk a lot and they always tell me about how bad it has gotten. We do have some family in rural Michoacan and they have given serious thought to moving down to Mexico for the foreseeable future or at least until they can get a handle on the numbers in the Los Angeles area. My cousin told me that since the schools are closed they are using parking lots to park refrigerator trucks to store bodies because there isn't anywhere to put them. She said that a school near her house has almost 50 semi trucks with bodies in them. I don't know how many bodies can be stored in a trailer but I suppose that's not really important. The fact that there is nowhere in the city to store bodies speaks volumes.

We are glad to be here and don't think we'll be moving back until well after the pandemic has subsided. It could be 3 or more years but we are prepared to wait it out.

For those who were asking we live south of Grand Rapids. If anyone knows where Gun Lake is that is where we are at.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: JEEZUS! We ALL (if not in So.Cal.) ought to be thankful...   JEEZUS!  We ALL (if not in So.Cal.) ought to be thankful... EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 4:49 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
My family in So Cal have hunkered down as well. We talk a lot and they always tell me about how bad it has gotten. We do have some family in rural Michoacan and they have given serious thought to moving down to Mexico for the foreseeable future or at least until they can get a handle on the numbers in the Los Angeles area. My cousin told me that since the schools are closed they are using parking lots to park refrigerator trucks to store bodies because there isn't anywhere to put them. She said that a school near her house has almost 50 semi trucks with bodies in them. I don't know how many bodies can be stored in a trailer but I suppose that's not really important. The fact that there is nowhere in the city to store bodies speaks volumes.

We are glad to be here and don't think we'll be moving back until well after the pandemic has subsided. It could be 3 or more years but we are prepared to wait it out.

For those who were asking we live south of Grand Rapids. If anyone knows where Gun Lake is that is where we are at.

That's only about 2 1/2 hours from campus, if/when sports get back up and running you have no excuse not to be there. I was looking forward to watching a lot of UM baseball in person this year but it appears that will not be happening. But in the fall football "could" be back to normal. I pretty much only actually attend 1 football game a year but I'm guessing that capacity next year may range anywhere from 50%-75%. I'm not sure if they can require proof of vaccination to attend, and if so how checking/enforcing would be done. Now that picture is assuming Biden actually gets the things he says done. Don't quote me on any of that, I'm just talking out of my arse. I'm sure most who have been here a long time remember back in 2012 when we discussed having a forum tailgate before a Michigan game. That never matriculated but the game we were supposed to do that was when I was going to be in SoCal visiting my best-friend. Well you talking about how bad it is in SoCal hit home because that friend just passed on Sunday night.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JEEZUS! We ALL (if not in So.Cal.) ought to be thankful...   JEEZUS!  We ALL (if not in So.Cal.) ought to be thankful... Empty

Back to top Go down

JEEZUS! We ALL (if not in So.Cal.) ought to be thankful...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Michigan Basketball Forum-
Jump to: