Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Signing day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Signing day Empty
PostSubject: Signing day   Signing day EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 2:23 pm

1. You had to think Benny was going to flip to michigan. He didn't sign his intent on early signing day. then UM hired Bellamy it was probably a done deal. I don't know how much of a factor Nua staying was but it sure didn't hurt.

2. I don't know much about Iwunnah but he looks like he has the frame to be serviceable and lord knows UM needs depth on the D line. Every time I see one of these lower rated recruits on the D line whether they are a target or a commit I just pray that they turn out to be a gem like Clark or Hurst or Paye. From the little I've seen he looks like he has potential but then again 95% of these recruits do.

Top 10 class isn't bad. I don't feel that UM added top tier depth where they needed it most (both lines) but overall it's a quality class and as good as could be expected given the coaching changes and the shit show of a season.

Harbaugh was out recruited by O$U by a mile which is my biggest worry year in and year out.

I'm hoping that a few former 4* and 5* recruits transfer in this year from other programs and help add some needed leadership and talent to the roster.

I'm also very hopeful that Ross and Jeter stick around for another year.

It's too early to even think about how the team will look on the field next year but at least with signing day behind us we have an idea of what the roster will look like.

BOLEACH7 and wshoes like this post

Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

Signing day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signing day   Signing day EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 4:25 pm

looks like Feb signing day was pretty good they got some defensive help. which last year was clearly an issue. I thought they needed some help on the corners, but a pass rush is good to. hopefully a change in philosophy goes well. I liked Don Brown and I am sorry to see him go, but you need to change your style with the players you have. The 1st 2 years he had out standing results, because his personnel was great. Now he has younger and different people,

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Signing day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signing day   Signing day EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 5:37 pm

My problem with Brown was failure to game plan for the buckeyes properly. He knew what they were going to do but stubbornly refused to adjust accordingly. Yes the players may have been at fault but it’s up to the coach to put them in a scheme where they can make plays . As good a DC as he was statistically he was torched by top teams the last three seasons . I agree that last years defence was absolutely the worst I’ve watched in 40 years outside of the RR years !
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Signing day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signing day   Signing day EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 6:40 pm

in all fairness to DB his man press coverage wasn't a problem until the refs started calling every touch from DBs. IMO the aggressive approach was becoming an issue not just because of the talent but also because of the penalties being called so often.

I like the staff. they are young and they were put together to recruit. It's been very clear that since Partridge left Jim was shifting focus to speed in space and coordinators that can not only walk the walk in that type of game but also coordinators that could recruit those kids needed for that type of offense.

yes the failure to adjust at halftime was a major issue for me with DB, especially against the rivals. And BOLEACH7 is right that DB was statistically great against lower producing offenses and was horrid against top tier offenses. I will however disagree with this year's defense being the worst ever. RR's first year was pretty horrible to watch as well but at least that team had a few defensive studs on it.

dwoody

Signing day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signing day   Signing day EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 7:12 pm

RichRod was playing with mostly Lllloyd’s defense the first year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Signing day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signing day   Signing day Empty

Back to top Go down

Signing day
Page 1 of 1