Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

restart of Basketball

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

restart of Basketball Empty
PostSubject: restart of Basketball   restart of Basketball EmptyFri Feb 12, 2021 3:29 pm

reading where they look pretty rusty. I believe they won't get any where close to form until the get to the Big 10 tourney, hopefully people take into account how good they were before the lay off, although you might see that MSU had some similar situation, and are no longer in the picture, It took MSU about 5 games to get into playing a little formantal basketball .
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: restart of Basketball   restart of Basketball EmptyFri Feb 12, 2021 4:36 pm

Yes, I fear this layoff is going to have a pretty devastating impact on our momentum and ultimate record. 22 days off with zero positives doesn't seem to have been following any known Science.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: restart of Basketball   restart of Basketball EmptyFri Feb 12, 2021 6:20 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
reading where they look pretty rusty. I believe they won't get any where close to form until the get to the Big 10 tourney, hopefully people take into account how good they were before the lay off, although you might see that MSU had some similar situation, and are no longer in the picture, It took MSU about 5 games to get into playing a little formantal basketball .

I'm just fine with them hitting their stride around the B1G tourney. Every time people talk about that I always think of the 2014 UCONN team that won their conf tourney to get in and won the whole thing as a #7 seed. IMO that is the perfect time to start peaking. Side note, Michigan lost to Kentucky that year and I think they should've won that game. Then Kentucky beat Wisconsin by 1pt to go to the title game. I think Michigan had a real shot at playing that UCONN team in the final. If a couple of balls and calls would've went their way JB would've had 3 or maybe even 4 NC game appearances.

Also remember the plane crash year (2017). That team came in hot off the B1G tourney and had a real shot at getting to the final four and to the NC game.

Look back and every year except the last Texas Tech loss, JB and Michigan were knocked out of the tournament in really close games. Besides that Texas Tech loss every game came down to one or two possessions. That typically doesn't happen unless teams are at peak playing form.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: restart of Basketball   restart of Basketball EmptyFri Feb 12, 2021 9:08 pm

wshoes wrote:
Yes, I fear this layoff is going to have a pretty devastating impact on our momentum and ultimate record. 22 days off with zero positives doesn't seem to have been following any known Science.

smh...THIS WHOLE THING WAS BASED ON SCIENCE!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: restart of Basketball   restart of Basketball EmptyFri Feb 12, 2021 11:36 pm

I'm pretty sure I see what you're doing... this is a good topic and can be an interesting and relevant thread. Don't turn this into a political post because you're petty.

if your post is truly meant as something other than a spiteful jab then I recommend you expand on it because right now it reads otherwise.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: restart of Basketball   restart of Basketball EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 1:19 am

Everything is political these days, it seems. We all know where we stand among regular posters. Any one of us will say some are assholes, some aren’t. We all know in our minds who you are. However, we all like Michigan sports so let’s focus.

wshoes likes this post

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: restart of Basketball   restart of Basketball EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 7:19 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I'm pretty sure I see what you're doing... this is a good topic and can be an interesting and relevant thread. Don't turn this into a political post because you're petty.

if your post is truly meant as something other than a spiteful jab then I recommend you expand on it because right now it reads otherwise.

Not true, the pause was based on science. You cannot argue otherwise. FACTS show that it was done because a swimmer went to Europe, brought the virus back, and that caused the entire athletic department to unfortunately pause. Calling me petty is very erroneous.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: restart of Basketball   restart of Basketball EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 8:55 pm

Guy w/nothin better to do wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Not true, the pause was based on science.  You cannot argue otherwise.  FACTS show that it was done because a swimmer went to Europe, brought the virus back, and that caused the entire athletic department to unfortunately pause.  Calling me petty is very erroneous.

Ok clearly you didn't understand the message I was trying to convey so let me lay it out as best as I can for ALL to understand.

I couldn't care any less what the pause was about. I Don't Fucking Care! Let me say that again..... I Don't Fucking Care!

What I care about is turning a post meant to discuss how a pause in play while the team was hot is going to effect the team moving forward.

IMO nothing in the OP by artist had anything to do with politics or science. It was clearly a topic meant to discuss the sport of basketball and how our favorite team will work thru the pause.

And before you say, "well shoes said..." let me say again, I Don't Fucking Care!

That is some stuff my 11 and 9 year old kids would do.

To make it clear I'm not taking sides. I have my own opinions on the pause and the science and the pandemic and politics but in this thread none of it matters.

The petty comment was thrown out because of your history of being stubborn and child like on the most trivial replies from others just to get a reaction out of people.

I merely said not to turn it into a political post because again, I Don't Fucking Care.

Is that clear enough?

Can we please just talk sports?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: restart of Basketball   restart of Basketball EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 9:10 pm

Do you think we'll play the Big 10 tournament, or use that week to play more make-up games? I don't think the league can reasonably make up all or nearly all of the missed games and play the BTT without our tourney teams being gassed going into the NCAAs. I love the BTT, but I don't know about this year.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: restart of Basketball   restart of Basketball EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 9:29 pm

I don't know what the B1G or the university is going to push for but I know that I personally don't want to see them kill themselves trying to make up games.

If they can squeeze one or two make up games in and then play the B1G tourney IMO that would be optimal. No sense tiring yourself out trying to get anymore than that in.

The committee has seen what this team is capable of. I'm sure they have a large enough body of work by now (not including the B1G tourney to come) for them to get a proper seed in the dance.

wshoes likes this post

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: restart of Basketball   restart of Basketball EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 12:45 am

Juwan is not happy about 11 games in 22 days, which is where he’s heading if all games are made up. It would be bad for academics and hard on the players. The tourney going forward is a given. Too much TV $$$ at stake.

sandyeggo_blue and joe like this post

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: restart of Basketball   restart of Basketball EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 1:35 am

dwoody wrote:
...Too much TV $$$ at stake...

^^^ THIS ^^^
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: restart of Basketball   restart of Basketball EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 9:58 am

You're likely right dwoody.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: restart of Basketball   restart of Basketball Empty

Back to top Go down

restart of Basketball
Page 1 of 1