Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Same Old Story yesterday...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

Same Old Story yesterday... Empty
PostSubject: Same Old Story yesterday...   Same Old Story yesterday... EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 8:51 am

As in, ANOTHER:

---impressive Michigan win
---demonstration of CHEMISTRY and SELFLESSNESS
---reason coach Howard deserves COTY award
---(most of all) Another highly-heralded Big Man, this time Trace Jackson-Davis, SHUT DOWN (or held way below his average) by
Hunter D, with help from mates inside.

So now we face our third in as many games, with Kofi Cockburn (and no bad jokes about his surname, OK???)  More physical than
TJ-D for sure, and more athletic than Garza, but nowhere NEAR the outside threat (outside of as little as 15 feet) as the other two.

So---predictions?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Same Old Story yesterday...   Same Old Story yesterday... EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 1:15 pm

My prediction? PAIN

dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Same Old Story yesterday...   Same Old Story yesterday... EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 4:38 pm

“They just keep coming...” IU’s Archie Miller. Says it all about this team and coach.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Same Old Story yesterday...   Same Old Story yesterday... EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 10:17 pm

michmike wrote:
... ---reason coach Howard deserves COTY award...

I'm looking around the NCAA and I can think of a few others that are deserving in no particular order ...

1. Mark Few - If your team goes undefeated and wins the tourney you pretty much deserve it. But if your team comes in with all of the hype they did then you have to be on your A game every night and I can't say that's the case mostly because I have only watched 3 of their games.

2. Shaka Smart - I really like what Texas has done this year. I know they are exceeding preseason expectations by a lot but they don't seem consistent enough otherwise he'd be higher on the list. COVID has to be taken into consideration here.

3.  Cuonzo Martin - Honestly I had to look up his name but Missouri has been a complete shock in the SEC. Them and Bama are going to be tough games in the tourney. When you've got a coach with a team that comes out of nowhere you have to consider him for COY.

4. Juwan - Which brings me to Juwan Howard... Going into the season the PG was a huge question mark and I'm pretty sure he nailed that. Also, although Hunter was highly touted you just never know with the recruits these days. Especially one that plays at the 5. Juwan nailed that also. Plus he added lock down defensive depth with 3 ball capability all day with Chaundee Brown (my 6th man of the year). You can't say enough about what Juwan has done. I personally think he's a lock for COY but the only sure things are death, taxes and Ohio smelling like hot garbage.  

dwoody wrote:
“They just keep coming...” IU’s Archie Miller. Says it all about this team and coach.

That's a hell of a quote from an opposing coach. This alone will make me go look for his postgame interview. I want to hear it from him.

PostSubject: Re: Same Old Story yesterday...   Same Old Story yesterday... Empty

Back to top Go down

Same Old Story yesterday...
Page 1 of 1