Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Something I wouldn't have believed...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

Something I wouldn't have believed... Empty
PostSubject: Something I wouldn't have believed...   Something I wouldn't have believed... EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 7:56 am

But I just read in an article on MLive: "Let's debunk, once and for all, the theory stating it's hard to beat a team THREE times (in a season)…
research has shown that, over the last XXX years, the team winning the first two (college basketball games) against an opponent they have to face a third time, WON that third game SEVENTY-TWO PERCENT of the time."

Would any of YOU thought so?

(The sweetest COUNTEREXAMPLE that comes to my mind was 1992: our FRESHMEN Fab Five, swept during the regular season by Jim Jackson and OSU, triumphed in OT over that team down south to send us to the Final Four.)

Regardless, the above percentage speaks well---if very LITTLE---about our chances today. Even is Eli is still resting the ankle---and I sincerely hope so, IF NECESSARY---we have more talent than Maryland.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Something I wouldn't have believed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something I wouldn't have believed...   Something I wouldn't have believed... EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 10:50 am

Yes, I would have thought so. The adage for me is that if two teams are close in ability, they will most likely split a two game series, and it is unlikely for one team to go 3-0 in 3 games. If one team is clearly superior then I expect them to win that 3rd time. That said Maryland is very dangerous (and better than MSU), and with Eli questionable, today could go either way.
Back to top Go down

Something I wouldn't have believed...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Michigan Basketball Forum-
Jump to: