Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Hockey Draft

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

OT: Hockey Draft Empty
PostSubject: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 10:16 pm

Michigan is probably going to have 3 of the top 10 guys drafted and Luke Hughes (Michigan commit) will probably go in the top 10 as well.

Too bad for the world juniors and Covid shortened season. There was some serious talent on that team and I would have liked to see this team play together for a year.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 3:37 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Michigan is probably going to have 3 of the top 10 guys drafted and Luke Hughes (Michigan commit) will probably go in the top 10 as well.

Too bad for the world juniors and Covid shortened season. There was some serious talent on that team and I would have liked to see this team play together for a year.

It was a definite bummer the way they were basically pulled off of the ice last year due to Covid but *bleep happens*. As of right now everyone is coming back (other than York and Mann). I do have a sneaky suspicion though that the annual Michigan Hockey summer will come back with vengeance though. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 9:24 am

Guy w/nothin better to do wrote:
...Here's hoping I'm wrong...

it's a good thing you're wrong a lot Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 3:23 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
...Here's hoping I'm wrong...

it's a good thing you're wrong a lot Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

It does happen, I'll admit that but is in infrequent. My "hunches" can be wrong more often though as those are typically not based on fact.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 9:50 am

https://michigan.rivals.com/news/michigan-wolverines-hockey-will-elite-owen-power-return-to-u-m-

fingers crossed

wshoes likes this post

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptyFri Jul 02, 2021 2:23 am

I do have a sneaky suspicion though that the annual Michigan Hockey summer will come back with vengeance though.  Here's hoping I'm wrong.

I haven't spoken with anyone in months but as of then Power was probably coming back. Michigan Hockey summer is a possibility though....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 10:33 am

https://sports.yahoo.com/top-nhl-pick-owen-power-leaning-towards-returning-to-michigan-024327400.html

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 4:48 pm

Exactly what I heard. It isn't definite but he is leaning towards coming back. However we're now in July, the Pro's start turning up the hear now. August it gets really bad. It's strange to say this but Michigan not being eligible for the NCAA's due to Covid last year might actually be a good thing. Power was at Regionals with the rest of the team, got to experience everything up until game time but then the rug was pulled out from under the entire team. He wants to play in it, whether that's enough to keep him here one more year is remains to be seen. We make it to Labor Day and we can rest easy....hopefully.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 10:30 pm

he said he's going to wait until after the draft. he wants to hear what the team that drafts him has to say. I sure hope he stays.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptyFri Jul 09, 2021 9:51 pm

He probably already has his mind 90% of the way made up. I couldn't tell you which way that is though. The draft will have a large impact though, but even larger is the team that drafts him. NHL franchises can be very persuasive. Years ago I knew the teams to look out for because they are impatient and which were more laid back and allowed you to stay in college versus going to the minors. It's been a while and I'm sure things have changed anyway.

If we get to Labor Day and he' still here I'll relax a little.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 7:49 am

McKeens latest mock has changed quite a bit but they think two Michigan guys go 1 and 2 and then a Michigan commit goes #4.

I really wish we could've seen this team play together.

https://www.mckeenshockey.com/draft/

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptyMon Jul 26, 2021 7:23 pm

So…what does next season’s team look like, now? Truly curious.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 1:13 pm

dwoody wrote:
So…what does next season’s team look like, now? Truly curious.

power made kept saying that he wasn't sure if he was going back but he made it very clear that he was leaning that way. He is on the record in several interviews leading up to the draft saying so.

Matty Beniers came out and shocked everyone a few days ago saying that he was also thinking about returning like Owen. two things were surprising about his statement. 1) I don't think anyone really gave much thought to him coming back. 2) the way he used the word "also" in the sound clip. almost made it sound as if owen was coming back and matty was "also" thinking about it.

KJ is coming back. I haven't heard anything definitive but my gut tells me he is.

Hughes should play a year but given that he will be with his brother in Jersey, that may make it a tough choice for him.

those mackie S and dylan D kids should be pretty good too.

Even with some notable losses I think Mel has a hell of a team

goalie has me a bit worried because there isn't depth. but portillo is huge (compared to straus) and he showed some flashes last year when he played.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 1:39 am

BTW, it was 4 of the top 5 (1. Power, 2. Matty, 4. Luke, 5. KJ). Please keep in mind these are predominantly 18 year-olds, it goes without saying that 20 year-olds are bigger, stronger, and more experienced. That being said I'm optimistic.

Ports is competent.  I'm not concerned at all abut him other than if he can't handle the pressure of being "the guy".  Matty was always coming back, never even waffled as far as I know.  Power was also coming back but he did seriously think about leaving.  As far as I know he is solid coming back.  KJ is coming back, he knows that he isn't ready yet physically and Michigan is fun.  Luke "could" leave before he even starts school, I haven't heard anything about him leaving though.  

As far as everything stands right now everyone is coming back HOWEVER the annual Michigan Hockey summer  is only days away.  We'll see.  I think everyone comes back but Luke is the most likely person to leave if anyone does followed by Powers.  No one else should be even considering it, but MICHIGAN HOCKEY SUMMER.

Goalie depth is a slight concern but we were blessed last year although as the old saying goes if you have two goalies you actually don't have any."  It worked for us last year though...

I think Ports can handle it?

We have leadership coming back.  Michael Pastujov and Luke Morgan will hopefully control the locker room.

'eggo, didn't you see the team last year

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 2:20 am

[quote="sandyeggo_blue"]
dwoody wrote:

I just noticed, Mackie is from Sandy Hook and he's about the right age. Was he at the elementary school during the event? I can see mad trash talk from other teams.....

https://mgoblue.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/roster/mackie-samoskevich/22212

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptyFri Jul 30, 2021 4:19 pm

BTW, it was 4 of the top 5 (1. Power, 2. Matty, 4. Luke, 5. KJ).  Please keep in mind these are predominantly 18 year-olds, it goes without saying that 20 year-olds are bigger, stronger, and more experienced.  That being said I'm optimistic.

Ports is competent.  I'm not concerned at all abut him other than if he can't handle the pressure of being "the guy".  Matty was always coming back, never even waffled as far as I know.  Power was also coming back but he did seriously think about leaving.  As far as I know he is solid coming back.  KJ is coming back, he knows that he isn't ready yet physically and Michigan is fun.  Luke "could" leave before he even starts school, I haven't heard anything about him leaving though.  

As far as everything stands right now everyone is coming back HOWEVER the annual Michigan Hockey summer  is only days away.  We'll see.  I think everyone comes back but Luke is the most likely person to leave if anyone does followed by Powers.  No one else should be even considering it, but MICHIGAN HOCKEY SUMMER.

Goalie depth is a slight concern but we were blessed last year although as the old saying goes if you have two goalies you actually don't have any."  It worked for us last year though...

I think Ports can handle it?

We have leadership coming back.  Michael Pastujov and Luke Morgan will hopefully control the locker room.

'eggo, didn't you see the team last year

Pastujov should be a good 5th yr leader but he's not his brother. I don't know how much say he really has. I think this team has the potential to be loaded and special.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptyFri Jul 30, 2021 4:25 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
dwoody wrote:

I just noticed, Mackie is from Sandy Hook and he's about the right age.  Was he at the elementary school during the event?  I can see mad trash talk from other teams.....

I noticed that too and didn't want to say anything but I did take a look. Mackie would've been 10 at the time and the kids that were killed were first graders 6-7 yrs. old. That's not to say that he didn't know any of the kids or wasnt' in a classroom in the same elementary. I'm sure if he was there then we'll eventually hear about it but I'd rather not discuss this anymore on this forum.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptySun Aug 01, 2021 5:13 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
dwoody wrote:

I just noticed, Mackie is from Sandy Hook and he's about the right age.  Was he at the elementary school during the event?  I can see mad trash talk from other teams.....

I noticed that too and didn't want to say anything but I did take a look. Mackie would've been 10 at the time and the kids that were killed were first graders 6-7 yrs. old. That's not to say that he didn't know any of the kids or wasnt' in a classroom in the same elementary. I'm sure if he was there then we'll eventually hear about it but I'd rather not discuss this anymore on this forum.  

Agreed. I had that thought as well but curiosity got the best of me.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 12:50 pm

Owen Power is coming back to Michigan!!!

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/report-sabres-top-draft-pick-owen-power-returning-michigan/

https://buffalonews.com/sports/sabres/sabres-no-1-pick-owen-power-to-return-to-michigan-for-sophomore-season/article_67b5956c-00f2-11ec-b9da-db8998f88832.html

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/big-ten/2021/8/19/22632272/1-pick-owen-power-returning-to-michigan

wshoes likes this post

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 12:51 pm

I can't wait to see who else falls in line and skates at Yost for one more season.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 1:15 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Owen Power is coming back to Michigan!!!

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/report-sabres-top-draft-pick-owen-power-returning-michigan/

https://buffalonews.com/sports/sabres/sabres-no-1-pick-owen-power-to-return-to-michigan-for-sophomore-season/article_67b5956c-00f2-11ec-b9da-db8998f88832.html

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/big-ten/2021/8/19/22632272/1-pick-owen-power-returning-to-michigan

In 'woody fashion I'll simply say, "as of right now unless he changes his mind". This actually sets up to be a Michigan Hockey summer, a mid-August declaration but he may turn around in a couple of weeks and say "Adios". I'm telling you, this is the history. At least one of our studs will do that. Hopefully I'm wrong but history.

I don't personally know anyone on the team anymore so I have absolutely zero inside information. I still know a couple of boosters and they have been telling me for months that Power is coming back, they can be wrong at times though. They also said that Matty and/or Hughes are the ones to be slightly concerned about.

I'm still saying, wait until school starts before you celebrate. Yes people could still leave after that point but that's the best indicator we have.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptyThu Aug 19, 2021 9:12 pm

... They also said that Matty and/or Hughes are the ones to be slightly concerned about...
But you and everyone else have been saying that Beniers would be back.... including Beniers himself.

Hughes is definitely the wild card.

Don't go back on your posts and start getting wishy washy. think positive. this isn't football.

...Matty was always coming back, never even waffled as far as I know...

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 9:51 pm

It's official. They are all coming back to play next year.

WOW I am beyond excited.

wshoes likes this post

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 10:09 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

WOW I am beyond excited.

Me too, this is fantastic news!
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 10:57 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

WOW I am beyond excited.

Well, not Hughes yet. However yes Power, Matty, and Johnson are back. At least as of now, they could still change their mind but it's pretty safe to say that those three will be here at the start of the season. Hughes is still an unknown. I haven't heard anything yet, I'll send out an email to my "contacts". Mind you, I don't trust these like I trusted the team themselves when I knew them but hey, I'm an old fart now.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey Draft   OT: Hockey Draft Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Hockey Draft
Page 1 of 1