Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Congratulations Kellen Russell!

Go down 
+2
Admin
BetterThansparty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

OT: Congratulations Kellen Russell! Empty
PostSubject: OT: Congratulations Kellen Russell!   OT: Congratulations Kellen Russell! EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 6:09 am

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-wrestl/recaps/031712aae.html

And wow, I never realized that the B1G was such a good wrestling conference. I always knew about Iowa but wow, too bad I don't really enjoy watching wrestling but I do respect it (I went to High School at a state powerhouse in wrestling). I recall my friends who were wrestlers always having gum and spit-bottles where ever they went so they could make weight...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Congratulations Kellen Russell!   OT: Congratulations Kellen Russell! EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:31 am

Same boat as you 2nd, went to a HS much like yours. My buddies always looked like PURE HELL during the season. They'd sit there at lunch staring at everyone's food, but couldn't eat. They slept in trash bags. Spit in bottles non stop. The worst was just the looks on their faces...honestly like they want to kill themselves.

I never understood it. But one of my best friends, who was always a GREAT wrestler, finally won the state 'ship on senior year. He later got a full-ride to wrestle at Purdue.

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: Congratulations Kellen Russell!   OT: Congratulations Kellen Russell! EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:06 am

Penn State has long had a fabulous Wrestling program.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Congratulations Kellen Russell!   OT: Congratulations Kellen Russell! EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:36 am

In my high school, in the long ago days, wrestlers worked harder than any other athletes getting in shape and making weight, and the exertion used in three-period decision is unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: OT: Congratulations Kellen Russell!   OT: Congratulations Kellen Russell! EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 1:46 pm

dwoody wrote:
In my high school, in the long ago days, wrestlers worked harder than any other athletes getting in shape and making weight, and the exertion used in three-period decision is unbelievable.

I wrestled for four years in HS, and I can tell you that this is true. Those were the toughest 6 minutes I will ever spend.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Congratulations Kellen Russell!   OT: Congratulations Kellen Russell! EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:00 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
Penn State has long had a fabulous Wrestling program.

not sure what you mean by fabulous but PSU was a perennial door mat until Cael Sanderson became their coach. They instantly went from door mat to NCAA champs (literally overnight). Cael was a 4 time NCAA champ and never lost a match while he wrestled at iowa state. His recruiting classes are becoming the stuff of legends. Penn State will be good for a LONG time as long as he is their coach.

PostSubject: Re: OT: Congratulations Kellen Russell!   OT: Congratulations Kellen Russell! Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Congratulations Kellen Russell!
Page 1 of 1