Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coach Harbaugh

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wshoes

wshoes

Coach Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Coach Harbaugh   Coach Harbaugh EmptyFri Dec 17, 2021 3:04 pm

I wanted to share this with the group here without giving names or betraying any confidences.

Last night I got together with a good friend of mine. His son is a walk-on on the football team. He generally only gets to dress for home games (there have been exceptions) and some games he hasn't gotten in, on others has played on special teams and/ot gotten a small number of snaps at his position. He is talented enough to have gone elsewhere (had scholarship offers), and played regularly, but his heart was set on Michigan.

Last year, during the COVID plagued shortened season. Coach Harbaugh reached out to my friend and his wife every week or so just to check in and make sure they were doing OK. This year my friend's son was named "Scout Team player of the week", one week. Again Coach reached out personally via phone (not email or text) to tell them how well their son had done, how hard he works, and how important he is to the team. You can imagine how that made them feel and how proud they are.

If Coach is doing this with the parents of walk-ons, you can be sure he is doing something similar with all of the parents. Think of the commitment of time and energy this requires.

This even with all of the success on the field, has made me as proud of coach and the team, as anything.

sandyeggo_blue, joe, BOLEACH7, ThatGuy and dwoody like this post

Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Coach Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coach Harbaugh   Coach Harbaugh EmptyMon Dec 20, 2021 3:53 am

Believe me now that Coach Harbaugh is here for good? He loves this university and I doubt if he ever leaves willingly.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down

Coach Harbaugh
Page 1 of 1