Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NCHawk are you around?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

NCHawk are you around? Empty
PostSubject: NCHawk are you around?   NCHawk are you around? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2022 2:29 pm

Man dude, listening to the media rip your head coach up and down.

Let me ask you this, Are the players any good? Is he calling bad plays? Are the players running bad plays? Are the players missing blocks? Is Ferentz JR giving them plays that are too difficult?

Basically, is it 100% Ferentz?

NCHawk

NCHawk are you around? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCHawk are you around?   NCHawk are you around? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 6:40 pm

just saw this.

The offense was a cluster f....

Offensive Line - they are young and lack much upside at all. A couple of guys played last year as true freshmen and personally I don't think their game got much better.

Quarterback - Petras rarely had time to do much of anything and the rare moment when he does have time I think his head is expecting to get hit. He's very inconsistent. He can flash but he's inconsistent. Throws really bad balls sometimes and he's very very slow. If the ball isn't out after the count of 2=playover.

WR - Iowa lost 2 WRs to transfer, 3 or 4 were injured and what was left was average at best and they were not ready to carry the load

The TE and RB position is ok

Then there is the scheme. Its just not built for scoring many points.

I think they had a lot of misses in recruitin on the OLine, they had some people leave due to injury and basicly lost a class or two of players. Major failure in roster management since last year.

Some want Brian Ferentz gone and want their pound of flesh and want him gone. Others take a more nuanced view and think Brian is pretty smart but lacked the players.

Lots of of turmoil

So the hawks held on and won most of their games down the stretch just by playing great defense and special teams.

I think, at best, Kirk Ferentz has a blind spot when it comes to offense or at worse, a callous disregard for it. They run the offens that Kirk wants so ultimate he's the guy who owns the problem.

Back to top Go down

NCHawk are you around?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: