Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Defense

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Defense Empty
PostSubject: Defense   Defense EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 9:29 am

So there is a college team whose defense was best last year. They lost 7 players to graduation and the NFL with 2 going in the first round and one in the second. But this year they are again the best defense in college football. This must be Georgia right? Maybe Alabama right?

No. That's not right.

This team is special. AGAIN

BOLEACH7, dwoody and wshoes like this post

Back to top Go down
NCHawk

NCHawk

Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defense   Defense EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 2:39 pm

Joe, I hope you're right but here's the thing. Lets be honest here, how many good offenses has UM faced this year? PSU. Maryland is good when they play weak defenses but they have no tourque.

I think UM or OSU or other B1G teams are better prepared for bowls / post seasons if the overall caliber of teams as better.

joe likes this post

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defense   Defense EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 7:01 pm

Do I understand correctly that if we beat Illinois Sat and Iowa wins its last two, that the Hawkeyes win the west?
Back to top Go down
NCHawk

NCHawk

Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defense   Defense EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 9:29 am

As incredible as it sounds you are correct. 1 Illinois Loss with 2 iowa wins puts Iowa in Indianapolis. That Iowa with a historically bad offense... a historically bad offensive line more specifcly.

And Iowa fans have reached a point of serentity, like the recovering alcoholic that we accept the things we can not change. KIng Ferentz isn't giong to fix the offense by removing Brian as the OC. 8 wins is good enough at Iowa. If Iowa wins out that is 8 wins. They'll just keep coaching the guys.

Problem is the did not recruit, retain and develop very well over the last few years. No depth, limited talent upside and inexperience. Meanwhile on the DLine they recruit, retain and develop dudes. They rotate 6-8 guys. Sometimes it sucks being an Iowa fan.

joe likes this post

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defense   Defense EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 12:41 pm

NCHawk wrote:
Joe, I hope you're right but here's the thing. Lets be honest here, how many good offenses has UM faced this year?   PSU.  Maryland is good when they play weak defenses but they have no tourque.

I think UM or OSU or other B1G teams are better prepared for bowls / post seasons if the overall caliber of teams as better.

Yeah I've heard that from everybody. That's all they got. They know we're good and they can't nit pick anything else. Also all I hear is JJ can't throw deep. I don't care. We've got shit loads of plays over 20 yards in the air. We're 10-0. They have to not pick.

Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defense   Defense Empty

Back to top Go down

Defense
Page 1 of 1