Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

so according to Dickinson NIL comments

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

so according to Dickinson NIL comments Empty
PostSubject: so according to Dickinson NIL comments   so according to Dickinson NIL comments EmptyThu May 11, 2023 4:15 pm

Michigan could buy itself a NCAA championship team by offering the top players 175 mil a year for say 8 players. The hell with education the hell with who, what or anything else. NIL unlimited Twisted Evil Twisted Evil will kill College sports

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: so according to Dickinson NIL comments   so according to Dickinson NIL comments EmptyFri May 12, 2023 7:46 am

I think there are several schools that could do that.

The question is that if they did that would people stop watching?

I don't watch NBA and probably wouldn't watch Michigan if it got to this point.

wshoes likes this post

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: so according to Dickinson NIL comments   so according to Dickinson NIL comments EmptyFri May 12, 2023 1:58 pm

I have watched Michigan basketball (or listed on radio) faithfully since Bill Buntin's first varsity season (a year before Cazzie), through many ups and a fair number of downs. I had season tickets as recently as 2 years ago. The way I feel right now, this may be the season that ends it for me. I struggled to care about last years team. I didn't like either of the two "marquee" players, Hunter and Jett, and I didn't enjoy the style of play or lack of effort at times. Though those two are gone, it sounds like we are going to have a number of one year hired guns this season.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: so according to Dickinson NIL comments   so according to Dickinson NIL comments EmptyFri May 12, 2023 6:11 pm

That’s when I started watching, only a few fuzzy black-and-white TV games back in those days. My sister waitressed at the Pretzel Bell and got me autographs of Buntin, Oliver Darden, and Craig Dill. Cazzie wasn’t there.
More than ever, with one-and-dones, transfers, wealthy players, it’s become a freshmen NBA league. This year’s team had so many mediocre efforts, yet two NBA first-rounders? I don’t get it.

wshoes likes this post

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: so according to Dickinson NIL comments   so according to Dickinson NIL comments EmptySat May 13, 2023 9:32 am

dwoody wrote:
That’s when I started watching, only a few fuzzy black-and-white TV games back in those days. My sister waitressed at the Pretzel Bell and got me autographs of Buntin, Oliver Darden, and Craig Dill. Cazzie wasn’t there.
More than ever, with one-and-dones, transfers, wealthy players, it’s become a freshmen NBA league. This year’s team had so many mediocre efforts, yet two NBA first-rounders? I don’t get it.

A lot of those first rounders do not have the team in mind. That's how the player can be drafted but the team suffers.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: so according to Dickinson NIL comments   so according to Dickinson NIL comments EmptyWed May 31, 2023 12:13 am

I can't fault Hunter for making the move that is best for him. He's not going to play in the NBA and he's probably destined for an overseas team in the future. He's not going to make NBA money and there is no guarantee that he'll score a big contract overseas either.

He was very vocal about Michigan's NIL shortcomings over the past year and a half. The boosters had the chance to keep him.

I wish him well.

PostSubject: Re: so according to Dickinson NIL comments   so according to Dickinson NIL comments Empty

Back to top Go down

so according to Dickinson NIL comments
Page 1 of 1