Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Enough already

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Enough already Empty
PostSubject: Enough already   Enough already EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 10:56 pm

Getting a bit tired of hearing about whether or not MICHIGAN can dethrone Ohio in the B1G.

Pretty sure they are the two time reigning B1G champs and they've beaten that team down there 2x in a row.

MICHIGAN has all of the talent coming back, it will be a home game and ohio has to "rebuild" so to speak.

Why is the chatter about ohio and whether or not they can "stay on top"

Just came to rant Laughing

joe likes this post

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Enough already Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough already   Enough already EmptyWed Jun 21, 2023 2:32 pm

Good rant!

I see and hear it all too. It's not just ohio fans. It's national writers.

That's fine with me. Honestly I go 1 game at a time. I don't care about rankings until/if we lose a game. Just win and you'll be in the top. They can start us 100 for all I care.

Ciao

wshoes

Enough already Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough already   Enough already EmptySat Jun 24, 2023 2:29 pm

joe wrote:
Good rant!

I see and hear it all too. It's not just ohio fans. It's national writers.

That's fine with me. Honestly I go 1 game at a time. I don't care about rankings until/if we lose a game. Just win and you'll be in the top. They can start us 100 for all I care.

Ciao

I actually like it. What is said doesn't make it any more or less likely that we will come out on top. I'm fine with being an underdog for free so to speak.

MICHIGAN favored by 3.5 early

Last edited by wshoes on Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

joe likes this post

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Enough already Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough already   Enough already EmptySun Jun 25, 2023 2:45 am

the penn state game will determine if MICHIGAN goes back-to-back-to-back this year or not

not the ohio game

joe

Enough already Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough already   Enough already EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 9:57 am

It's so early but Penn St has problems against us and ohio. Until they get rid of that stigma they'll be better. But James Franklin is a good recruiter but a bad coach.

sandyeggo_blue

Enough already Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough already   Enough already EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 2:10 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
the penn state game will determine if MICHIGAN goes back-to-back-to-back this year or not

not the ohio game

this did not age well Laughing Laughing Laughing

ThatGuy

Enough already Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough already   Enough already EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 9:10 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

not the ohio game

Actually, you were more accurate than you thought. I'm "somewhat" embarrassed that I was concerned about that game too, but it is what it is. If we would have lost that game, we would not have had a chance to go to the B1G championship. If we lost to Penn State, we wouldn't have gone to the conference championship win or lose on Saturday. Then beating ohio would have meant nothing as Penn State would have gone to the championship game, not us.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Enough already Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough already   Enough already EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 1:01 pm

Guy w/nothin better to do wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

not the ohio game

Actually, you were more accurate than you thought.  I'm "somewhat" embarrassed that I was concerned about that game too, but it is what it is.  If we would have lost that game, we would not have had a chance to go to the B1G championship.  If we lost to Penn State, we wouldn't have gone to the conference championship win or lose on Saturday.  Then beating ohio would have meant nothing as Penn State would have gone to the championship game, not us.

disagree (mostly because of my early season logic)..

lose to penn state then beat OSU and get into the B1G champ game and win the B1G puts MICHIGAN in the CFP.

Moot point now (because PSU didn't beat OSU) but on the actual game day beating Penn State wasn't an absolute must like I thought it would be. Mostly because I really thought PSU would've already beaten OSU prior to playing MICHIGAN

ThatGuy

Enough already Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough already   Enough already EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 4:20 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Guy w/nothin better to do wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

not the ohio game

Actually, you were more accurate than you thought.  I'm "somewhat" embarrassed that I was concerned about that game too, but it is what it is.  If we would have lost that game, we would not have had a chance to go to the B1G championship.  If we lost to Penn State, we wouldn't have gone to the conference championship win or lose on Saturday.  Then beating ohio would have meant nothing as Penn State would have gone to the championship game, not us.

disagree (mostly because of my early season logic)..

lose to penn state then beat OSU and get into the B1G champ game and win the B1G puts MICHIGAN in the CFP.

Moot point now (because PSU didn't beat OSU) but on the actual game day beating Penn State wasn't an absolute must like I thought it would be. Mostly because I really thought PSU would've already beaten OSU prior to playing MICHIGAN

What you aren't considering is that is Penn State, Michigan, and ohio al finished with 1 conference loss Penn State would have went to Indy as the first tie-breaker is cumulative records against West teams. Michigan played no one in the West, ohio wasn't much better, but Penn State played and beat Iowa. They would have been the East division representative a IF Penn state would have beaten us and we beat ohio.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Enough already Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough already   Enough already Empty

Back to top Go down

Enough already
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: