Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scouting

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

Scouting Empty
PostSubject: Scouting   Scouting EmptySat Oct 21, 2023 3:43 pm

The idea Michigan would stoop to stealing signs as described just seems preposterous to me. I cannot believe it but, if true, hellfire should follow.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Scouting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting EmptySat Oct 21, 2023 4:17 pm

dwoody wrote:
The idea Michigan would stoop to stealing signs as described just seems preposterous to me. I cannot believe it but, if true, hellfire should follow.

That isn't the issue. There is not a rule the specifically forbodes "stealing signs". There is a rule about sending staffers to an opposition's games in person. That is the issue. It is my understanding that a lower-level employee (who makes $55K a year) went to games. My assumption is that he bragged about being on staff at Michigan and happened to go to other teams' games. We'll see what happens, however this is throwing some doubt into Harbaugh coming back next year IMHO. Mind you I don't know. The word on State St. is gone.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Scouting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 8:05 pm

One time in San Diego I went to watch Tate Forcier play a high school game. He saw me wearing a Michigan shirt and pointed to me and smiled from the sidelines. I know that in that moment I probably broke like 34 arbitrary NCAA rules.

The point I'm trying to make is that the NCAA needs a complete overhaul of it's rules to stay relevant.

This rule from the 90s is so outdated. To put it in perspective when this rule came out AOL had just started mailing CDs out for people to get on the internet.

With all of the reporting that Stalions went to 11 games in person I think it's clear that rules were most likely broken.

The question to ask (not that it matters much to the NCAA) is did Jim know. The punishment is coming down but it will be an easier pill to swallow for fans if it turns out he didn't know.

Unfortunately the verdict in the court of public opinion is already in.

sandyeggo_blue

Scouting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 8:06 pm

One more note to add....

SCHOOLS CAN LITERALLY BUY PLAYERS NOW!!!

IMHO Damn the signs.

For Christ's sake this is ridiculous.

dwoody

Scouting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 10:05 pm

Stallions didn’t go, he ALLEGEDLY got tickets and gave them to others who went. Anyway, was that his own deal? Did he get the info to incorporate to reports to jazz up his work? Did Michigan reimburse? If not, did Harbaugh or any brass know what he was doing? Sadly, however, per NCAA, by rule he did know and is responsible, which sucks.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Scouting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 8:36 am

There's so much out there. How do they know the people in those seats made 4 hours of video of the other team's sidelines? someone somewhere would have posted something on social media asking what this guy was doing for 4 hours. I see dumber shit than this on line.

Also if you noticed it was only Yahoo that broke the story and they had all these details that non one anywhere knew about. How is it possible? The real answer is it isn't possible. It's a witch hunt.

BetterThansparty

Scouting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 4:05 pm

Something to consider, sparty has a bad event, fires its coach. Dantonio comes back as an Associate Coach. We all know the hate and jealousy he has for Michigan. Dantonio combines forces with ohio state and also gets also ran programs to pile on (Rutgers, Purdue).

Do I think Michigan broke the rules? Yes, but as 'eggo stated they are outdated (but they are still the rules). What do I think will happen? A $10K fine and that's it, from the NCAA at least. The B1G TEN OTOH could do more. I can't make a call on that. The new commissioner may want to make a splash and I "could" see him barring Michigan from the Championship game. However, that may cost the conference, and other schools money by making it more difficult for Michigan to go to the CFP. Is he willing to cut off his nose to spite his face?

I am seeing parallels between this and trump with the election. All these claims of proof but there is none. Receipts for Stallions buying tickets doesn't look good but that is not proof. The Community Collete football coach's claims are not proof either, it's heresy.

However, if Michigan actually wins the National Championship an arbitrary asterisk will be applied by all suckeye, sparty, and pretty much all other fans. If we don't then it will be because we're not cheating anymore. We can't win.

Unfortunately, they've succeeded at making life difficult for Michigan. They honestly need lives.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scouting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting Empty

Back to top Go down

Scouting
Page 1 of 1