Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The first one is gone....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

The first one is gone.... Empty
PostSubject: The first one is gone....   The first one is gone.... EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 3:28 pm

It could be worse.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/jim-harbaugh-will-take-one-major-michigan-football-assistant-with-him/ar-BB1hrbMf?ocid=U142DHP&pc=U142&cvid=33818034bb3043e6b8540b7ae4e18645&ei=30

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: The first one is gone....   The first one is gone.... EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 6:42 pm

yea that the one thing thats bad, worse than losing Harbaugh is him also taking all the Assistant coaches

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: The first one is gone....   The first one is gone.... EmptyTue Jan 30, 2024 11:54 am

the artist formally known wrote:
yea that the one thing thats bad, worse than losing Harbaugh is him also taking all the Assistant coaches

I keep reading people talk about this as if it's a new phenomenon. I can't remember the last time a coach moved and DIDN'T take anyone with them.

Plus how can you fault guys that are going with him for more money and stability?

If your boss resigned and then offered you a 25% raise to follow him to a new job what would you do?

It is what it is. I'm still glowing from the National Championship and no amount of next year discussion will dampen my feeling.

wshoes likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The first one is gone....   The first one is gone.... EmptyTue Jan 30, 2024 3:40 pm

I guess my point would be if Jim Bob fails, Then you will be looking for a new job, a bird in the hand is sometime worth more than the greener grass on the other side.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: The first one is gone....   The first one is gone.... EmptyTue Jan 30, 2024 4:54 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
I guess my point would be if Jim Bob fails, Then you will be looking for a new job, a bird in the hand is sometime worth more than the greener grass on the other side.

Even if he does fail, there is no reason to believe he will as he has already done it at that level, a great DC will be able to find work anywhere. Why wouldn't you go to the NFL with Jimmah? Increase in pay, experience, and get your name further out there (as if people don't know who he is already). Plus, this is the next logical step for Minter in one day becoming a Head Coach. Sure, I'm selfishly disappointed but I'm not devastated. We'll be fine, it's hard not to take a step back after a National Championship.

Incidentally I'm pretty sure we're done with people leaving with the exception of his son but I'm not 100% sure that he's leaving (only 90%, take it for what it's worth).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: The first one is gone....   The first one is gone.... EmptyWed Jan 31, 2024 10:35 am

Well that's the risk they take. The negative in the NFL is if you lose a couple years you get fired. If he starts like he did at Michigan the first few years he'll be fired.

The NFL is business and if you don't win you go.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: The first one is gone....   The first one is gone.... EmptyWed Jan 31, 2024 4:21 pm

He is 60 years old and a gozillionaire. I doubt he’s worried about getting fired at this stage of his life.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: The first one is gone....   The first one is gone.... EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:06 am

Of course, I selfishly didn't want Harbaugh to leave. But he was here longer than any other stop. He won the Natty, like he said, "There's no Lombardi in college". He loves A2 but he is a competitive ass. It was still a difficult decision for him to leave, especially because Michigan gave him all that he wanted: Highest paid college coach (with an automatic increase in case someone else passed him), immunity in case the NCAA actually came down on him and Michigan (although it looks like the NCAA has moved-on like we always knew they would), etc. It all came down to the Lombardi, his brother has one. He can't stand it. Sibling rivalry. It wouldn't shock me if Harbaugh came back to A2 after he is retired. Of course, that could get ugly as well as you know that Harbaugh would want to have input on the team. Whoever is Head Coach at that time wouldn't be happy.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The first one is gone....   The first one is gone.... Empty

Back to top Go down

The first one is gone....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: