Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wow. Anyone see this?

Go down 
+3
wshoes
sandyeggo_blue
ThatGuy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Wow.  Anyone see this? Empty
PostSubject: Wow. Anyone see this?   Wow.  Anyone see this? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:41 am

https://wolverineswire.usatoday.com/2024/01/30/report-la-chargers-broke-the-bank-to-steal-jim-harbaugh-from-michigan-football/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2PaPNICryouXblhpplUxX0joyaklhbBk_vGnf0gbV4I68bx8uflWeBElU

This might be a bigger reason than the Lombardi.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Wow. Anyone see this?   Wow.  Anyone see this? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 9:45 pm

still can't believe he chose to go to a team with that bad of a salary cap situation.

the artist formally known likes this post

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Wow. Anyone see this?   Wow.  Anyone see this? EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 1:21 pm

Agree- Think he may have let the wife dictate going back to California. That super cold snap we had when he was being wooed probably didn't help.

sandyeggo_blue and BOLEACH7 like this post

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Wow. Anyone see this?   Wow.  Anyone see this? EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 4:39 pm

the Chargers certainly are not in a position to make moves to win now. A lot of money needs moved. Could be a 3-4 yr rebuild a la Holmes in Detroit.

PostSubject: Re: Wow. Anyone see this?   Wow.  Anyone see this? EmptyWed Feb 07, 2024 11:14 am

Now that the Harbaugh saga at Michigan is history, it is apparent he is destroying Sherrone Moore’s chances of a solid team in the very near future. He raided the coaching staff of some great assistants, all of whom have apparent promising futures in football. Let’s hope Moore can overcome this obstacle and the Michigan name will result in keeping recent results.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Wow. Anyone see this?   Wow.  Anyone see this? EmptyWed Feb 07, 2024 1:13 pm

The assistants chose to advance their careers. JH didn’t snag them, any other football organization could have. He could have stayed and still lost Moore, Minter, Hart, or anyone else to a career advancement. That’s coaching.

joe and BOLEACH7 like this post

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Wow. Anyone see this?   Wow.  Anyone see this? EmptyWed Feb 07, 2024 2:00 pm

stjotoo wrote:
Now that the Harbaugh saga at Michigan is history, it is apparent he is destroying Sherrone Moore’s chances of a solid team in the very near future.  He raided the coaching staff of some great assistants, all of whom have apparent promising futures in football. Let’s hope Moore can overcome this obstacle and the Michigan name will result in keeping recent results.

Yeah Doc they just want to advance their careers too. Almost every time a coach leaves they take most of the staff with them. This is nothing new. Sherrone will have to adjust.

BOLEACH7 likes this post

Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Wow. Anyone see this?   Wow.  Anyone see this? EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 3:10 pm

California and 16 mil a year, have to be stupid not to take that deal, course California is weirder and more expensive, but for 16 mil pretty sure I could take that

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Wow. Anyone see this?   Wow.  Anyone see this? EmptySat Feb 10, 2024 5:02 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
California and 16 mil a year, have to be stupid not to take that deal, course California is weirder and more expensive, but for 16 mil pretty sure I could take that

Weirder than the UP? mmmmmkk. Maybe more real....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Wow. Anyone see this?   Wow.  Anyone see this? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 9:26 am

I lived in Southern California for 5 years in the late 1980's. My sense was that are 3 types of reactions from people to living there: 1) 2nd generation or more who couldn't see themselves living anywhere else, 2) Transplants who couldn't wait to get out. 3) Transplants like me who thoroughly enjoyed their time there but had no problems moving back to the midwest (or wherever).

I had a smaller home because of the prices but we spent most of our time outside because the weather was spectacular, we had a nice patio, and a nice neighborhood association pool. It was a 20 minute drive to the beach, and about the same to a small mountain (large hill) or 1 hour to a more substantial mountain. Traffic was bad but we were smart about when and where we traveled.

Now my experience is over 30 years old and since then things have gotten worse: even higher taxes, and crime. But if you have a ton of money, you can pay the taxes and insulate yourself from the crime. I'm mostly happy to be back in the midwest.

joe likes this post

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Wow. Anyone see this?   Wow.  Anyone see this? EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 12:33 pm

Your last line there is pretty sad 'shoes.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Wow. Anyone see this?   Wow.  Anyone see this? EmptyWed Feb 14, 2024 9:25 pm

born and raised in SoCal. live in michigan now because of my wife. always been a MICHIGAN fan. i like being a midwest transplant but I despise hearing how terrible california is from people that have never lived there.

it costs a lot more but you make a lot more. there are more people and guess what, some people enjoy and prefer that. diversity is unmatched. jobs jobs jobs. weather.

my wife is a forensic scientist for the michigan state police. she was previously at the san diego sheriff department. she works crime scenes. hate to break it to you but crime happens everywhere and you'd be surprised at the level of crime in michigan. even in the rural areas.

and for the people that want to go strait to politics... san diego is more conservative than most of michigan. it houses 5 military bases and the military industrial complex. so you can't argue that point either.

I love california. i am of california. it's in my blood and you'll never hear me shy away from it.

my OP was meant to highlight the salary cap issues harbaugh will have to work around before he can be successful.

BOLEACH7 and dwoody like this post

Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Wow. Anyone see this?   Wow.  Anyone see this? EmptyWed Feb 14, 2024 10:49 pm

Does this need to be restated?  NO POLITICS!!!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wow. Anyone see this?   Wow.  Anyone see this? Empty

Back to top Go down

Wow. Anyone see this?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: