Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HOCKEY: UM to have home series vs RIT

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

HOCKEY: UM to have home series vs RIT Empty
PostSubject: HOCKEY: UM to have home series vs RIT   HOCKEY: UM to have home series vs RIT EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:28 am

According to RIT's site, they'll be in AA Oct 12-13.

(clearly, this post is mainly for 2nd haha)

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: HOCKEY: UM to have home series vs RIT   HOCKEY: UM to have home series vs RIT EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:54 am

RIT?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HOCKEY: UM to have home series vs RIT   HOCKEY: UM to have home series vs RIT EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:32 pm

Rochester Institute of Technology.

It's one of those no-name schools that has a solid hockey program, a la Alaska Fairbanks, or something to the effect.

2nd will be able to elaborate much more than I can.

From a small amount of research I just did, they made a run to the Frozen Four last season, in just their 5th season at the D1 level. They lost in the semifinal to Wiscy.

They have 'ships at both the DII and DIII levels.

Here's a link to their media guide: http://www.ritathletics.com/custompages/mhock/2011-12/2011-12%20MHK%20Media%20Guide.pdf

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: HOCKEY: UM to have home series vs RIT   HOCKEY: UM to have home series vs RIT EmptyWed May 23, 2012 5:28 pm

RIT is a good school, their Hockey program is mediocre. They don't make the NCAA Tournament often, and when they do it's an auto-bid. They are very smart, they just don't get the Blue-chippers like Michigan, North Dakota, Minnesota, Boston College, etc.

That should be an easy series sweep for Michigan as a tune-up for the final CCHA season. Of course Appy. State was supposed to be a tune-up too and look how that turned out.

And just because a school is small that doesn't mean that they suck. Many school's are D-2 or D-3 and compete in their respective divisions in every other sport. However, Hockey doesn't take quite so many people so the limited talent is diffused and therefore those schools can compete on the D-1 level.

Look at this past year, Ferris State University is a D-2 school yet they made the D-1 National Championship game.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOCKEY: UM to have home series vs RIT   HOCKEY: UM to have home series vs RIT Empty

Back to top Go down

HOCKEY: UM to have home series vs RIT
Page 1 of 1