Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's play "What If"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Let's play "What If" Empty
PostSubject: Let's play "What If"   Let's play "What If" EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:26 pm

What if the NCAA slams PSU with the "death penalty". Is there anyone on the current PSU roster that UM should try to get?

I would go after Zettle, but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Let's play "What If"   Let's play "What If" EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 4:31 pm

I am really not that familiar with their recruits. I spend enough on Michigan's. That said, I really do not see how a 4-5 star kid with multiple offers could choose PSU with all of the uncertainty.

I would also like to go on record and say the same thing about ND. I predict Kelly will be on the hot seat after this season. There is a good chance he will not be around to see most of his 2013 recruiting class (currently #6) see the the field. Jaylon Smith should save himself the headache and switch to Michigan! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Let's play "What If"   Let's play "What If" EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:10 pm

I'm talking about their current roster. The death penalty would mean players could transfer and play right away.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Let's play "What If"   Let's play "What If" EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:39 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I'm talking about their current roster. The death penalty would mean players could transfer and play right away.

Yea don't know much about that either. I pretty much just follow Michigan and a little bit Ohio. I have to be prepared for when friends and family start talking trash.

I did glance at their roster to see who you were talking about and that looks like a good call since he is a Michigan kid. I would also take any nose tackle we could get. Not liking our depth at the position.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Let's play "What If"   Let's play "What If" EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 8:56 pm

THinking along with Willie, I'd take a couple upperclassmen that play OLine.

Use them for 2 years like free agents nd then our current recruits wuld be ready.

Do they have a good WR?

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Let's play "What If"   Let's play "What If" EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:00 pm

There are only 3 WR's who have the physical attributes to become really good, I'm not sure how good/bad they are but: Matt Zanellato, So./Fr., 6-3, 195 from Lake Braddock Secondary, Burke, Va. (But I'm not sure that Matt could qualify academically at Michigan); Shane Phillips, So./Fr., 6-5, 192, August Martin/Michael Sayer St. Albans, N.Y. (Appears to be a good "prospect"); and Allen Robinson, So./So., 6-3, 199 from Orchard Lake St. Mary’s, Southfield, Mich (Pretty decent size and has Michigan roots but isn't OLSM a sparty-school? This does look like the best possibility at WR though).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Let's play "What If"   Let's play "What If" EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:41 am

Just to play along, as Fish expresses it--- I'll go with Joe's scenario, but definitely substitute D-line for O-line. As first priority, anyhow.

Their D totally shut down (at C'bus) the OSU offense that, a week later in A-squared, put up 34 on ours. Of course, how many of those front linemen are still at PSU, would be a question to be answered.

But---enough "playing". I'm inwardly convinced, for any number of reasons, PSU will not receive the death penalty. [Note that I did not say anything indicating whether I feel they deserve it. I'm not going there.]
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Let's play "What If"   Let's play "What If" EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 1:55 pm

Well, willie had mentioned D-Line in the postt before mine so I was going a different way.

I'd like to see both lines get more depth.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Let's play "What If"   Let's play "What If" EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:52 pm

I just took a quick glance at PSU's 2011 roster and there were only 2 Sr.'s on it, 2 Jr.'s as well. We can safely assume that Michigan wouldn't accept a Sr. transfer so those 4 guys are out. I did notice a few So. & Fr. but who knows how good they are. I respect Penn State as an academic institution so there "shouldn't" be any issues there, but who knows? Here's the question, do you think Coach Hoke would Poach anyone from Penn State? Pretty sure that they are good enough but they won't be Michigan-Men?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's play "What If"   Let's play "What If" Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's play "What If"
Page 1 of 1