Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New commit.

Go down 
+2
joe
BetterThansparty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

New commit. Empty
PostSubject: New commit.   New commit. EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:36 pm

http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=8&c=1&nid=5028704

I guess that we're done going after 5-star studs? Or even really good 4-star prospects?

The kid has wheels though.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

New commit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New commit.   New commit. EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:48 pm

I tend to trust Rivals over Scout.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/illinois/football/recruiting/player-Ross-Douglas-101087

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

New commit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New commit.   New commit. EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:05 pm

My question, please note I'm not discrediting rivals, is why the immense difference between rivals/scout? I know that they are 2 different services so I expect differences but scout has us having 3 five-star recruits, rivals says zero. The leads you to believe that rivals is harder on their scouting criteria but Douglas only received three stars on scout but gets 4 on rivals.

It just doesn't make sense but whatever...
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

New commit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New commit.   New commit. EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:47 pm

His offer list is descent. What I don't get is why is our second to last spot being taken up by another CB????? I think you can now right off landing any RB. It's either Treadwell or some last minute pick up on or around signing day.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

New commit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New commit.   New commit. EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:59 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
His offer list is descent. What I don't get is why is our second to last spot being taken up by another CB????? I think you can now right off landing any RB. It's either Treadwell or some last minute pick up on or around signing day.

Very good point Willie. I too had Treadwell and an RB penciled in. Why a CB?

To address comments above... A) This dude is quick. B) He does have a solid offer list.

I'm going to have to do some more research on him first before I make my mind up on this offer/commitment just yet.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

New commit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New commit.   New commit. EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 5:04 pm

What RB would we get?

Derrick Green is not going Blue, imho.

So we would be looking at sifting through the scraps and taking some lower-tiered RB, a la Braylon Edwards' little brother.

Ross Douglas is a solid pickup. 4-star CB according to Rivals. And we need depth in the defensive backfield. Conley and Lewis were great pickups, but we can't sit back and gaurantee that they're going to pan out (and I truly believe that Lewis could end up on the offensive side of the ball at some point....kid can run and has an excellent pair of hands).

Anyway, loading up with one more talented CB doesn't bother me. Just like taking four or five OL last class and doing it again in this class. More players, that are all rated highly, results in kickass competition throughout their careers that produces an end result of having the absolute best on the field.

Anyway....

Go Blue, baby.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

New commit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New commit.   New commit. EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 5:23 pm

I do not have access to any of the scouting sites but maybe someone can research our cb's recruits over the last 3 years. All I know is we have a ton of them. Our secondary now is still pretty young. This certainly is not a position of need.

Douglas is our 4th DB recruit for the 2013 class.
Back to top Go down
CharlotteGuy

New commit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New commit.   New commit. EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:29 pm

I don't like this commitment at all. We are now GUARANTEED to not get all but 1 if any of the following.... LaQuon Treadwell, Derrick Green, Devon Allen, Alvin Bailey, Leon McQuay III, Joe Mathis. We desperately needed HB and WR if you ask me, especially after Toussaint's stupidness. Only way I would have been happy with taking another DB was if it was Fuller or McQuay. No need for a middle of the road avg CB commitment.

Now unless it was TE Brenneman or DE Sickels, I wouldn't have touched any of PSU's recruits. Now current players I would have went after Silas Redd.
Back to top Go down

New commit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New commit.   New commit. EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:45 pm

Quick question, and I'm confused. Does this new commitment count against our total schollies for the year? I thought Emmerret (sp?) said if any team took a PSU existing player or commitment it didn't count against that teams total. Maybe I'm wrong, but I was under the impression it didn't count. Anyone know? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

New commit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New commit.   New commit. EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:58 pm

Someone said a CURRENT player would not count against a new team for 1 year. After 1 year he counts.

But the guy we got from PSU is not a CURRENT player. He's still a recruit.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

New commit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New commit.   New commit. EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:00 pm

Good point Bill. I know that in my haste I didn't scroll down the page and see that he was a Pedd State commit. I was fully aware of the exemption of taking a PSU player but I actually thought that was just for current Pedd State players. True, the 2013 players are commits but only verbal commits, they cannot sign until the first Wednesday in Feb. They're only "recruits", so that's my confusion. IMO I don't think a "recruit" gets the bye but I may be wrong. If that exception does work in this case we'd only get 24 'ships for next year though. Seems to me if that was in play, someone would have wrote something about that?

*Joe beat me to it, thanks Joe.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

New commit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New commit.   New commit. EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:59 pm

CharlotteGuy wrote:
I don't like this commitment at all. We are now GUARANTEED to not get all but 1 if any of the following.... LaQuon Treadwell, Derrick Green, Devon Allen, Alvin Bailey, Leon McQuay III, Joe Mathis. We desperately needed HB and WR if you ask me, especially after Toussaint's stupidness. Only way I would have been happy with taking another DB was if it was Fuller or McQuay. No need for a middle of the road avg CB commitment.

Now unless it was TE Brenneman or DE Sickels, I wouldn't have touched any of PSU's recruits. Now current players I would have went after Silas Redd.

Agree 100%. Coaches need to pump the brakes and realize signing day is a loooooooooong ways away. I do not understand the rush.

I did my own research and here is the number of DB's we have recruited recently:

2013-4 Does not include Thomas.
2012-4
2011-4
2010-6*

*Two are no longer with the team.

Do the math and you will see we will have a lot of DB's in 2013. Hope the 2013's aren't being promised early playing time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New commit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New commit.   New commit. Empty

Back to top Go down

New commit.
Page 1 of 1