Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?

Go down 
+2
WillieMfan
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?  Empty
PostSubject: OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?    OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?  EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:06 am

I've got my tickets.

Just bought one of those fancy Michigan canopy's last week (hell of a deal...$229)

If we are in fact going to have a group tailgate, we should probably start working out the details now.

Who's are most loyal tailgater? In other words, which of you is the guy who shows up at the golf course/Pioneer as early as humanly possible to grab a great spot? Who's the guy that can take charge of this thing and coordinate it?

By no means am I trying to push this off onto anyone else, but I have never coordinated a group tailgate up in Ann Arbor, and I fear my inexperience would make the tailgate suffer in the end.

What would be the best way to do it? Everyone just drive up, park wherever, and meet at a particular person's tailgate (bringing food/drink to contribute)? Or would we all want to meet at the Wal-Mart or something like that and drive in together so that we're all parked with each other, increasing the overall size of our tailgate?

If we go with the latter, we'll have to set a firm time everyone needs to be at Rendezvous X and we're leaving at a set time.

I'm open to any ideas, opinions, thoughts, etc.

I defer to the StJoe's of the world...

so let's hear it.

Go Blue
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?    OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?  EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:02 am

Just my $.02 (I will not be at the AF game)-I think you need to meet prior to getting your spot. To me parking is like buying real estate. If you have one car and then the rest just meet up you have very little room to set up. Basically all you have is the space behind your car. So if you have at least 3 or 4 cars you can spread things out a bit.

Meet up early and park together. For around $40 to park you might as well make the most of it.

That's usually what I do when I tailgate.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?    OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?  EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:46 pm

Yeah I was thinking that would be the best way to do it. It's just getting everyone to agree on a time/place and sticking to it.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?    OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?  EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:59 am

Ok, here's my issues. I mean, I've done this before but I have constraints so I can only go one or two ways.

I ride with a guy who is fairly strict in his ways of going to the game. We stopped a couple of years ago and met Ftworthblue and Lion54 at the Shell station. That worked but again, EVERYONE has to be there. Unfortunately my friend does not wait.

If this is what people think is good I can make certain he's up for it. (He'll usually stop for a second but not much longer.)

After that there would be stragglers. Thank GOD for Cell Phones!!! lol What did we do before them?

So, a couple of us give our cells to people that think they need them and we go from there.

This would be the only way I could HOST the tailgate. I'd love to do it but, as I said, it would be under those criteria.

Or, someone else could do it altogether and I could walk over. I am not a prima donna thinking I'm the only one that has the capabilities. In fact, is 1umgoblue85 around anywhere? He throws a kickass tailgate all the time!!!!

So that's where I am on the deal.

It's up to everyone else.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?    OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?  EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 11:23 am

Being from San Diego, having two little boys and wife in law enforcement that is bound by an on-call schedule I am definitely out for the Air Force game. I will be at the Cowboy Classic the week before so there is no way I can swing to weekends in a row. Maybe I'll catch up with some of you at another game. I'm almost positive at this point that I will be at the MSU game.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?    OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?  EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:31 pm

eggo- I'll be out near you during the Air Force game. Granted, I'll be in Huntington Beach but it is very possible that we'll watch the game in Newport Beach. That's what, about an hour north of you? So I guess if you want to hold out own "tailgate" for the Air Force game in Cali. we could do that. Not really a "tailgate" though, more like a couple Michigan fans watching the game together at a bar.

I'm not sure if it is still there but the last time I was out there, we went top a bar called "Rudy's" on Newport Beach. OMFG the hottest waitress I have ever seen worked there. Maybe this time Kobe will be there so I can tell him of my disapproval of bouncy-ball...

BTW, this is post #10,000 in the Michigan Football Forum.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?    OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?  EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 4:39 pm

Joe,

Sounds like the best way to do it then is to have everyone meet at Point X at Time Y.

Y+15 is your arrival time, giving the stragglers a buffer.

Don't get there 15mins later than you usually would, just have us there 15 mins early.

Where's 85?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?    OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?  EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:32 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:

I ride with a guy who is fairly strict in his ways of going to the game. We stopped a couple of years ago and met Ftworthblue and Lion54 at the Shell station. That worked but again, EVERYONE has to be there. Unfortunately my friend does not wait.

If this is what people think is good I can make certain he's up for it. (He'll usually stop for a second but not much longer.)

LMFAO!!! WTF!?!?!?!? I could see if you want to be at a lot at a certain time but you just back up the arrival time to allow for a bigger window.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?    OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?  EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:58 pm

When I meet people I usually do it at Meijer on Ann Arbor-Saline Rd, then caravan in. You can also ditch cars there if someone drives solo or doesn't have a shit-ton of tailgate gear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?    OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?  Empty

Back to top Go down

OK, so are we all serious about getting together for the Air Force game?
Page 1 of 1