Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who do you want returning kicks this fall?

Go down 
4 posters

Who do you want deep returning kicks/punts for us?
A) Jeremy Gallon
Who do you want returning kicks this fall?  Vote_lcap7%Who do you want returning kicks this fall?  Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
B) Dennis Norfleet
Who do you want returning kicks this fall?  Vote_lcap50%Who do you want returning kicks this fall?  Vote_rcap
 50% [ 7 ]
C) Justice Hayes
Who do you want returning kicks this fall?  Vote_lcap36%Who do you want returning kicks this fall?  Vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
D) Other (specify who in the comments, please)
Who do you want returning kicks this fall?  Vote_lcap7%Who do you want returning kicks this fall?  Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Who do you want returning kicks this fall?  Empty
PostSubject: Who do you want returning kicks this fall?    Who do you want returning kicks this fall?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:53 pm

Jeremy Gallon was an absolute liability two seasons ago (I can't even begin to guess the amount of explicatives I let fly that season when he had the ball in his hands).

Last year he wasn't nearly as much of a liability, but I wouldn't categorize him as an 'asset' back there, either.

We were pretty friggin' MEH on returns last season.

That needs to change.

So, who do you want to see?

Give Gallon one last shot?

Stick Dennis Norfleet, the true freshman speedster, back there?

Or what about a kid like Justice Hayes, who has been touted as a burner but will be 3rd string (at best) in the backfield? (I'm going with 4th,behind Fitz, Rawls and Smith....in that order).

Or do you have someone completely different not mentioned? If so, vote other and give us their name in the comments section with a quick blurb on why you like them back deep.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want returning kicks this fall?    Who do you want returning kicks this fall?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:29 pm

I went with Hayes. Track star in HS so you know he has speed. Currently he does not have a role with the team. I agree with you Admin he is buried on the rb depth chart. Maybe he will get a shot at slot receiver.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want returning kicks this fall?    Who do you want returning kicks this fall?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:01 pm

I asked this question on my Twitter...someone suggest Drake Johnson as a possibility as well.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want returning kicks this fall?    Who do you want returning kicks this fall?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:26 pm

Drew Dileo.... Shocked

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want returning kicks this fall?    Who do you want returning kicks this fall?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:49 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Drew Dileo.... Shocked

Good call. He is solid and holds on to the ball.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want returning kicks this fall?    Who do you want returning kicks this fall?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 7:00 pm

He's not very fast or illusive but yes he is reliable. He won't break anything further than the 50 but he also will get out to the 20 every time he touches the ball without dropping it. He has the experience not to panic or try to do too much.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want returning kicks this fall?    Who do you want returning kicks this fall?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 7:09 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
every time he touches the ball without dropping it.

Hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure he had a big dropped ball down in New Orleans in front of his hometown crowd.

In the end, though, I totally get what you're saying.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want returning kicks this fall?    Who do you want returning kicks this fall?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:02 pm

Dileo didn't get any chances on returns last season in N.O.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/010412aaa.html

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want returning kicks this fall?    Who do you want returning kicks this fall?  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:15 am

Not returning kicks.

He dropped a wide-open slant for a first down in that VaTech game, if I'm not mistaken.

Pretty sure it was a 3rd down drop that forced us to punt.

Of course we went on to win anyway. cheers

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want returning kicks this fall?    Who do you want returning kicks this fall?  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Yes he did but returning kicks differs immensely from catching passes. There are no foot-steps near you while receiving a kick-off. Your point still taken though...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want returning kicks this fall?    Who do you want returning kicks this fall?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Who do you want returning kicks this fall?
Page 1 of 1