Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms

Go down 
+5
sandyeggo_blue
fishgoblue22
michmike
WolverineHistorian
Admin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms Empty
PostSubject: OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms   OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 11:29 am

Have you seen these yet???

Here:

OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms Wsbt-p10

OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms Wsbt-p11

OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms Wsbt-p12

OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms Nd10

Some comments I've read on ND boards:

"I think this is their way of taking our minds off the shit sandwich they serve us on the field."

"It's to the point where I don't want people to know I'm a Notre Dame fan because it's just too damn embarrassing."

From Deadspin:

"This is the uniform equivalent of a leather halter top. I look forward to Notre Dame players working your local street corner at 3 a.m., doling out toothy blowjobs for $10 bucks a pop."

Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms   OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 12:00 pm

Admin wrote:
Some comments I've read on ND boards:

"It's to the point where I don't want people to know I'm a Notre Dame fan because it's just too damn embarrassing."

Oh, clueless Domer. You already had so much to be embarrassed about being a Notre Dame fan, long before these uniforms came out.

But back to the original point, yes. I have seen these uniforms and yes, they are awful. But that's just the way college football is now. It's a fashion show on crack. Adidas makes horrible looking uniforms for _________ University, they get unveiled to the public, you can't really tell what team it is at first because of the design and different colors, players love them, majority of fans hate them, rinse, lather, repeat.

It was one thing when a team would wear an authentic looking throwback jersey that was actually worn by the program way back in the day but this is a whole other ballpark. And I'm including our own "legacy" jerseys from the Under the Lights game last year.

Ugly is the new fad in college football. And as long as it continues to make money, which it will, it will stick around.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms   OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 12:29 pm

WolverineHistorian wrote:
Oh, clueless Domer. You already had so much to be embarrassed about being a Notre Dame fan, long before these uniforms came out.

Hehehe!! A., alias W.H., one can always count on you as heading the list of ND haters!!!

Forgive this, the 23,828,403rd reference to that game, but sometimes I almost wonder what it would have
been like watching together, as 26-year-old contemps (were that possible), the 1978 game. My fear(of losing) vs. your white-hot hatred. My relief at not having lost vs. your sheer elation at having won. Which emotion(s) would have won out on the day?

Don't get me wrong, guy; mellowed through old age as I may be of late, I'm no ND-lover...and back
in my younger years, even into my early forties, I was a legit ND-hater. Particularly during that miserable
1987-90 streak. But maybe my disdain for the Blue and Gold has been abated by reality: our winning three
straight and five of six...and I see no reason why, come September 16, it won't stand at four straight and
six of seven...no matter how sky-high they get for that game. After all, we still have Denard, and (thankfully)
they still have Kelly....
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms   OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 12:42 pm

Ugly is the new fad in college football. And as long as it continues to make money, which it will, it will stick around.

Yep, and they are continuing to sell.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms   OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 12:55 pm

awful
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms   OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 12:55 pm

michmike,

Sometimes your posts aren't the easiest to get through, but dammit, they're always good.

Just wanted to let you know and thank you for your contribution to the site.

Thank you everyone, for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms   OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 12:57 pm

And unfortuntately, WH is completely right.

If it sells, they'll keep pumping it out.

But I am glad I've found an equal in terms of hate for Notre Dame.

They're simply the worst.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms   OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:30 pm

michmike wrote:

Hehehe!! A., alias W.H., one can always count on you as heading the list of ND haters!!!

Forgive this, the 23,828,403rd reference to that game, but sometimes I almost wonder what it would have
been like watching together, as 26-year-old contemps (were that possible), the 1978 game. My fear(of losing) vs. your white-hot hatred. My relief at not having lost vs. your sheer elation at having won. Which emotion(s) would have won out on the day?

Don't get me wrong, guy; mellowed through old age as I may be of late, I'm no ND-lover...and back
in my younger years, even into my early forties, I was a legit ND-hater. Particularly during that miserable
1987-90 streak. But maybe my disdain for the Blue and Gold has been abated by reality: our winning three
straight and five of six...and I see no reason why, come September 16, it won't stand at four straight and
six of seven...no matter how sky-high they get for that game. After all, we still have Denard, and (thankfully)
they still have Kelly....

If it were possible to watch that 1978 game together, I would be more like you in the 'fear-of-losing-camp' and not the 'want-to-spit-on-anything-Notre-Dame-related-camp,' I'm currently in.

Last edited by WolverineHistorian on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms   OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:25 pm

Ok sorry if I offend but is it me or does it look like the fighting irish guy on the helmet took a dump? At first glance that is what I thought and then I saw it was the ear hole.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms   OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:32 pm

as ugly as they are . they do have people talking about the Irish, I agree thoughthey look like Jekyle and Hyde.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms   OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:53 am

OMG those are UGLY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
rasputin

rasputin

PostSubject: Surprised there's not a riot in South Bend right now.    OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 8:24 pm

Why in the world would you change the helmets? I know it's only for one game, but this is some serious stuff. The rest of the uniform isn't much better either.

They still beat Nebraska's monstrosities though.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms   OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 8:45 pm

rasputin wrote:
They still beat Nebraska's monstrosities though.

You mean Maryland...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms   OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Notre Damn's HIDEOUS uniforms
Page 1 of 1